Thread: Noobie question on ammunition.

Noobie question on ammunition.

Hi, 1st post, be gentle.

Now, I posted this question on that other air gun forum, the one that appears top in google searches....and my ip was immediately banned with no reason given so if that's gonna happen again, please someone explain why. Skipping the intro story this time, maybe the mod over there doesn't understand humour.

Anyway.

I bought a CZ Shadow 2, 4.5mm BB CO2 pistol, and found myself a local rifle club with an indoor air range.....however, this pistol fires steel BBs. Didn't think of that did I? With steel BBs there's a ricochet safety risk and they'll damage the back plate of the target switchers. After a quick google I found it's a bad idea to fire lead BBs through a weapon designed for steel, especially magazine spring loading ones, but then I found an ad for Webley ACCU-BB copper jacketed lead BBs..... I'm pretty sure that there's no magnets involved with the CZs loading mechanism so copper should work fine, the question is: Will they deform like a lead BB/pellet and not damage backplates or am I just going to have to sell the Shadow and buy a proper air pistol?

You were banned on the other forum for posting that you bought a BB gun to shoot cats with, and told everyone that you did so.

You need to ask the club what, if any. ammunition you can use. They may allow copper coated lead or they may allow the 'frangible' BB shot that breaks up on impact.

What type of shooting does the club offer? You say 'indoor air range'. Please check as you may find this is for e.g. 10m air rifle only and they may take unkindly to an air pistol. They may offer a 'plinking' air range at paper targets .. check with them to see what they offer.
    They may do bench rest for air rifles.

A simple phone call (to the club secretary) or a visit on club night should answer all questions ... presumably their web page does not give the relevant information.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    You were banned on the other forum for posting that you bought a BB gun to shoot cats with, and told everyone that you did so.

Well that's him finished on here as well then --- goodbye Swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Apologies for answering the question.. I clearly was replying when Geordie gave the information about the other forum. I am a very infrequent visitor to 'the other forum' so had no idea of this information. So well done; very pleased to see that it was spotted.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Nice work thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    "maybe the mod over there doesn't understand humour." No Airgun Forum would class that as humour so you deserved to be banned, Its called shooting yourself in the foot.