Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
Yep Craig the Ultraglide was used in the TX's. In Jan 88 the tune was called Lazaglide. Trying to date when the Ultraglide name was used. It seems also venom started using the green piston seals of 1988 also. Mach 1.5
Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
Hi Paul
You say the lazaglide pistons are alloy. Would you know the weight of one of these? Think I sent you a pic of mine showing the weight, and I'd doubt its alloy.
Are you able to show a pic, or describe the early guides?
Not all Lazaglide pistons were alloy. It was a different tune, called Ultraglide.
I picked up a Venom HW77 a good few years back, the comp tube looked different - not just in the way that it wasn’t blued but the cocking slot hole looked different to the one on my blued steel Lazaglide comp tube.
I called Steve and sent him a few photographs and met him at DAI. He informed me it was an ultraglide tune, featuring a bespoke nickel comp tube and alloy piston - entirely different to the blued steel Lazaglide tune.
Accordingly, not many were done in the 77 as the team wasn’t happy with the increased cocking effort and some had been breaking springs (they used a different spring to one used in the Lazaglide so as to make power from the lighter piston). This issue hadn’t been as prevalent in the TX, which the venom team also offered with an alloy piston, as Mach 1.5 says.
I still have the photographs on my other Mac, I’ll try and dig them out.