Thread: Tawd ARC no longer at Merseyside scouts Latham

Tawd ARC no longer at Merseyside scouts Latham

Tawd ARC disappeared from Scout site
    Rocked up at the site in Latham to renew my membership as I hadn’t been for a while
    Only to find no trace of what was once the ARC
    I did hear they had some problems with scouts wanting to change the targets and increasing the rent
    But whatever it was no sign of them now
    I suppose there has been a lot of clubs wrapping up due to Covid
    Maybe this is the case
    I did hear that they had managed to rent somewhere in Formby but due to gate crashers they pulled the plug
    On that one

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    https://tawdvalegunners.co.uk/location/

Here you go buddy, they moved after the scouts pulled the plug on them, I believe it was more to do with the scouts not wanting to be associated with shooting than anything else
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    https://tawdvalegunners.co.uk/location/

Here you go buddy, they moved after the scouts pulled the plug on them, I believe it was more to do with the scouts not wanting to be associated with shooting than anything else
    Strange , I have Scout groups begging me to let them come and shoot .
    Good luck to Tawd in their new home.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Strange , I have Scout groups begging me to let them come and shoot .
    Good luck to Tawd in their new home.
    You know what it's like, one person dictates to others and does their Hitler impression by demonstrating their unequivocal power, you just have to look at whats happening in the world with people being offended on behalf of so many others

If Vegans, Tree huggers and Hippies got their way, we would all (rather ironically) be shot!
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Ridiculous when you consider that Bear grills fully endorses air rifle shooting, I wonder if he knows that they have been discriminated against, because thats what it sounds like.

Discrimination : the treatment of a person or particular group of people differently, in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated:
    BASC

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Ridiculous when you consider that Bear grills fully endorses air rifle shooting, I wonder if he knows that they have been discriminated against, because thats what it sounds like.

Discrimination : the treatment of a person or particular group of people differently, in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated:
    We live in a Nanny State and this is a prime example of it.

Tawd ftc

Hi guys, Tawd have another new ground at tarlton.
    It is true that the scout camp and Northwest scouts had a change of management who decided they didn't like air rifle shooting at tawd (or at least that was the feeble excuse) and gave us two weeks to move out, just as lock down lifted.
    Anyhow, if there are any previous members who have lost track of us, then it is up to them to look on the tawd Web site / forum and keep up to date with what's what, plus the back of your membership cards will have my telephone number on it.
    Dave schofield, Membership sec, tawd.
    AIR ARMS FIELD TARGET TEAM MEMBER