Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spring Powered Air Pistol Shooters Wanted.

I have a Model 6 coming in the next few days, would that be acceptable for the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanman View Post
    I have a Model 6 coming in the next few days, would that be acceptable for the competition?
    Yes, it is acceptable for the 6yd MPL pistol match

I will be using a Model 5 in the .22 pistol competition

We look forward to receiving your entry and adding you to the score sheets
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanman View Post
    The Model 6 would be an excellent air pistol to shoot with in the MPL. I have attached the "How to Enter" info to help you get started:-

HOW TO ENTER

The entry fee has been REDUCED to £5.00 per entry. You need to supply your own targets of the appropriate type.

You can enter as many of the competitions as you like (ie Air Rifle and Air Pistol etc) - each one has the same £5.00 entry fee. You can even enter the same competition more than once if you like - maybe to shoot each with a different airgun to compare your scores.

Please send your entry DETAILS (with your BBS name and your location) to Bob (zooma here on the BBS), either by PM or by sending an email to zooma@kingcobra.co.uk.

Please send your entry PAYMENT using any of the methods described below:-

1) PayPal : Please use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk. PayPal payments made as "friends and family" do not attract charges - please use this option or ADD CHARGES to the cost of your payment.

2) Bank Transfer : please use sort code:- 01-10-01 acct no:- 72551100 acct name:- Rossendale Shooting

We use NSRA targets for all our competitions, and these can be bought direct from the NSRA Shop or your local club
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

And the Diana 6 G with GISS?

Quote Originally Posted by marboc View Post
    And the Diana 6 G with GISS?
    Yes, the Diana / Original Model 6, 6G, 6M, and 10M are all OK to use in the MPL competition

Also target pistols:

Feinwerkbau 65, 80 and 90.

Walther LP53 and LP3.

Any pistol that requires the user to use ‘muscle power’ to cock the action is OK
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Today we have discs as thin as photocopying paper. Without sticking on the Krüger disc, they do not keep vertical. The shots aren't the worst. On the left 6 yards Air8 (odEbay) dial, on the right my printout. I am still waiting for the NSRA.
    Last edited by marboc; 23-12-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Yes, the Diana / Original Model 6, 6G, 6M, and 10M are all OK to use in the MPL competition

Also target pistols:

Feinwerkbau 65, 80 and 90.

Walther LP53 and LP3.

Any pistol that requires the user to use ‘muscle power’ to cock the action is OK
    FWB 100 too? I thought it was a recoil spring like in LP 53

FWB 100 too? I thought it was a recoil spring like in LP 53
    Yes, the FWB 100 as a SSP, (single stroke pneumatic) is OK to use too in the 6YD MPL
    ATB, Paul

Perhaps we could identify the scores that have been shot with any recoilless or SSP air pistol to allay any fears that some basic spring powered air pistol shooters may have as I know some have contacted myself as they feel discouraged to shoot against recoilless airguns.

Previous MPL series have shown that this is not really a problem as shooter with a recoiling springer can still beat a shooter with a recoilless air pistol - but we could identify any scores that can be deemed as being shot with a recoilless air pistol with a * just for clarity.

As each score is submitted with the shooters name and pistol used we can easily identify the recoilless (including SSP) air pistols and mark the monthly score total with an *.

I hope this will resolve the problem and encourage those with basic spring powered air pistols to enter without fear of being "out-gunned".

As a matter of interest some of the best and most consistent scores that we have recorded in the MPL air pistol series over the years have included those shot with Webley and Centre spring powered air pistols - hopefully this will encourage anyone with a spring powered air pistol to "have a go".

If we had more entries for the MPL air pistol competitions we could even have separate competitions for "kickers" (recoiling spring powered air pistols) and "recoilless" (including SSP) air pistols, but for now we need to keep them together as they always have been.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.

I carry out a comparison (ranking) of all pistols and rifles that I tested in my collection. In my opinion, there should be a group of springs only (without GISS) and all the rest, i.e. GISS, CO2, PCA and PCP. On the other hand, the differences are small and calm + training will prevail
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-%f0%9f%8f%85/

I carry out a comparison (ranking) of all pistols and rifles that I tested in my collection. In my opinion, there should be a group of springs only (without GISS) and all the rest, i.e. GISS, CO2, PCA and PCP. On the other hand, the differences are small and calm + training will prevail
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-%f0%9f%8f%85/
    We do have an "Open" 6 yard Air Pistol Competition that we could include the recoilless air pistols in, along with the SSP, CO2 and PCP air pistols - but I agree with your thoughts that with practice there should be very little difference between any of them at 6 yards - but we do have this option to use as a "safety valve" if we need it to pacify or reassure any classic "springer" air pistol shooter that remains concerned about shooting against them.

I doubt it would do anything to attract any more new entries to the 6 yard Spring Powered Air Pistol competition - but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and accept any new entry from anyone that would prefer to only shoot against other "kickers" and not to shoot against any of the above mentioned recoilless types of air pistol.

Stay safe!

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Hi Marboc,

Thank you for showing your training and progress.

If you cannot get any of the NSRA 'Air 8' 6yd (5.5m) targets from the NSRA, I am happy to send you 100 targets to use in the MPL.

Please let me know if you would like some and they can be paid for with PayPal.

You can either send me a PM (Personal Message) through the forum system or email me at >> mplscores@yahoo.com <<

Good luck in the competitions

Paul.
    Hello. Paul's shields arrived today. It lasted for a whole month. NASRA quality is great, goes into reserve. Thanks a lot.

Hello. Paul's shields arrived today. It lasted for a whole month. NASRA quality is great, goes into reserve. Thanks a lot.
    I'm glad the targets have arrived

We can arrange for more to be sent later in the year, and yes, the quality of the NSRA paper is very good
    ATB, Paul

Extra were packed. We will talk about the next later
    Pozdrawiam