Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Powered Air Pistol Shooters Wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by riflerob View Post
    I'm going to be really dumb here and ask exactly how I 'get my entry in' ?
    Here you are :

2022 Jan-June MPL Competition Rules. (airgunbbs.com)

We look forward to receiving your entry and good luck
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

TARGET Sales. NSRA Shop.

Air 8 6 yard Air Pistol Targets can be bought online from the NSRA Shop site.

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/nsra-air-8-targets

"please phone the shop for smaller quantities 01483 485511"
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by riflerob View Post
    I'm going to be really dumb here and ask exactly how I 'get my entry in' ?
    HOW TO ENTER

The entry fee has been REDUCED to £5.00 per entry. You need to supply your own targets of the appropriate type.

You can enter as many of the competitions as you like (ie Air Rifle and Air Pistol etc) - each one has the same £5.00 entry fee. You can even enter the same competition more than once if you like - maybe to shoot each with a different airgun to compare your scores.

Please send your entry DETAILS (with your BBS name and your location) to Bob (zooma here on the BBS), either by PM or by sending an email to zooma@kingcobra.co.uk.

Please send your entry PAYMENT using any of the methods described below:-

1) PayPal : Please use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk. PayPal payments made as "friends and family" do not attract charges - please use this option or ADD CHARGES to the cost of your payment.

2) Bank Transfer : please use sort code:- 01-10-01 acct no:- 72551100 acct name:- Rossendale Shooting

We use NSRA targets for all our competitions, and these can be bought direct from the NSRA Shop or your local club.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I think PaulSE would be happy to join you in a .22 competition with his Model 5?

The .22 entries could be scored separately to the .177 entries - so it would be possible...

If you fancy giving it a go - get your entry in and I will add you to the competitions list (along with PaulSE and his .22!).

Bob.
    I would indeed be happy to join in with my .22 Model 5 in the competition.

I also have two HW45s in .22 calibre, so I may try with one of those too

It will be great to have somemore entries for the 6yd MPL pistols comp, so far I'm the only one on the list !!

The rifle comps look to be well supported, so it would be good to have a similar number of pistol entrants.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

So, paid my entry fee for the 22 pistol comp.

Have emailed the NSRA shop for a price on some targets. Don't think I'll be needing 3000, which is the usual sale quantity !

As it appears there will be at least 2 of us in the category, I'd like to pre-emptively congratulate my opponent on his magnanimous victory

All the best everyone !

I have added a .22 class for the 6 yard MPL Air Pistol shooters to have some fun together.

At the moment, the .22 class has twice as many entries (2) as the .177 class (1) - now that is a real turn-up for the books!

What we need is a few more spring powered air pistol shooters to dust off their pistols and have a go (.177 or .22) at 6 yards.

Bob.

Your entries for the next MPL postal competition can be checked here:

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...petition-Rules

I put them under the Rules this time as it seemed logical to be able to view them on the same page as the "Rules " and "How to Enter", so all the MPL reference is together on the same page

I have added a .22 class for the 6 yard MPL Air Pistol shooters to have some fun together.

At the moment, the .22 class has twice as many entries (2) as the .177 class (1) - now that is a real turn-up for the books!

What we need is a few more spring powered air pistol shooters to dust off their pistols and have a go (.177 or .22) at 6 yards.

Bob.
    Morning,

I have paid my entry fee for the 6yd .22 MPL pistol comp

How very interesting to have more .22 calibre entrants !

Surely there must be somemore .177 calibre pistol owners that would like to have go

Good shooting everyone !
    ATB, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Morning,

I have paid my entry fee for the 6yd .22 MPL pistol comp

How very interesting to have more .22 calibre entrants !

Surely there must be somemore .177 calibre pistol owners that would like to have go

Good shooting everyone !
    Your .22 Air Pistol entry is "locked and loaded" Paul, many thanks for your entry fee!

Yes - we need some more 6 yard air pistol entries from anyone that has a .177 air pistol.......but we would also be happy to see some more entries from anyone who has a .22 spring powered air pistol too!

Your .22 Air Pistol entry is "locked and loaded" Paul, many thanks for your entry fee!

Yes - we need some more 6 yard air pistol entries from anyone that has a .177 air pistol.......but we would also be happy to see some more entries from anyone who has a .22 spring powered air pistol too!
    Thanks Bob,

I'm looking forward to lobbing those .22 pellets down the range for a change
    ATB, Paul

I am going to have a go at shooting in the 6 yard MPL Air Pistol Competition with my HW70 - it was the first brand new air pistol that I ever bought back in the 1969/70 sort of time period.

As a target pistol I can remember why I did a px with it against a new Original Model 6 all those years ago!

It has a very slippery grip that is not easy to hold and it is very front heavy - but having got it back after being separated from it for all those years I am going to give it a go - so I thought I had better try some pellet testing tonight.

I still have an unopened white tin of those Eley Match pellets that we used to be able to buy back in the 1970's (I think they were made by H&N but re-labeled by Eley?), but I also have an orange plastic "tin" of the original Hobby pellets too.

It seems strange that airgun pellets were packed in "plastic tins" but that is how the budget Hobby pellets were packed back then, so if I can get a half decent grouping with them it would seem appropriate to try to use them with this little air pistol from the same time period
    Last edited by zooma; 30-11-2021 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spellin mistook

Hello, I can sign up for 6 yards. the gun is Predom-Łucznik 4.5 mm, spring.

More about him is here
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-wz-1970-1974/

Quote Originally Posted by marboc View Post
    Hello, I can sign up for 6 yards. the gun is Predom-Łucznik 4.5 mm, spring.

More about him is here
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-wz-1970-1974/
    Yes you certainly can.

Please send in your entry - I will be nice to see a Predom taking part in the 6 yard MPL Air Pistol Competition..

HOW TO ENTER

The entry fee has been REDUCED to £5.00 per entry. You need to supply your own targets of the appropriate type.

You can enter as many of the competitions as you like (ie Air Rifle and Air Pistol etc) - each one has the same £5.00 entry fee. You can even enter the same competition more than once if you like - maybe to shoot each with a different airgun to compare your scores.

Please send your entry DETAILS (with your BBS name and your location) to Bob (zooma here on the BBS), either by PM or by sending an email to zooma@kingcobra.co.uk.

Please send your entry PAYMENT using any of the methods described below:-

1) PayPal : Please use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk. PayPal payments made as "friends and family" do not attract charges - please use this option or ADD CHARGES to the cost of your payment.

2) Bank Transfer : please use sort code:- 01-10-01 acct no:- 72551100 acct name:- Rossendale Shooting

Ok, I signed up and paid for.
    Regards

where should I buy NSRA (Air 8) pistol 6 yards blades?