Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTG Bugbuster 3-12x32 opinions please

UTG Bugbuster 3-12x32 opinions please

I'm currently using an Airmax 2-7x32 on my HW35 and my failing eyes are now starting to struggle with it at 35yds.
    I've seen these UTG 3-12x32s and done a little research but can't find any real info' on them. One thing I have heard is that the earlier ones have quite a thick reticle but the more recent ones are a little thinner.
    Does anyone have a recent one, and if so, would you recommend them?
    Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

My brother in law and I had one each a couple of years ago, both were quite blurry around the edges.

While I'm sure it wouldn't bother some people, it was enough for both of us to return them.

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    Hi,

My brother in law and I had one each a couple of years ago, both were quite blurry around the edges.

While I'm sure it wouldn't bother some people, it was enough for both of us to return them.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Thank you.

I have one on a .22 rimfire and its excellent. I find it very clear and the reticle is very fine. I was previously using a Simmons 1.5-5x20 which is great but the extra magnification tightened up my groups.

My only criticism is of the short eye relief, it could be a bit longer because it's so short and on soe guns you wouldn't have enough rail to mount it further back.

They are tough scopes and the side adjustable parallax is very helpful for airgun ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I have one on a .22 rimfire and its excellent. I find it very clear and the reticle is very fine. I was previously using a Simmons 1.5-5x20 which is great but the extra magnification tightened up my groups.

My only criticism is of the short eye relief, it could be a bit longer because it's so short and on soe guns you wouldn't have enough rail to mount it further back.

They are tough scopes and the side adjustable parallax is very helpful for airgun ranges.
    Thanks.
    Is the eye relief an issue? It's advertised as between 3.3" and 4 3", I don't know why there's an inch variation.

It works fine for me, another thing because it's short I don't think I was able to use a one piece mount, but double strapped have been fine. They come with mounts but for a picatinny rail. It's worth knowing this especially for a springer

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    It works fine for me, another thing because it's short I don't think I was able to use a one piece mount, but double strapped have been fine. They come with mounts but for a picatinny rail. It's worth knowing this especially for a springer
    Thank you. I think I'll order one on Monday and see how it goes. If it suits me I'll probably sell the Airmax.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I don't know why there's an inch variation.
    Eye relief depends on magnification in use...

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Eye relief depends on magnification in use...
    That makes sense but I haven't noticed it in my other scopes.

I was looking for a decent all around compact scope and found the bugnuster 3x12x32 to be a good candidate. The eye relief is short, set back rings may be needed. when new the side focus is stiff and the turret adjustments aren't exactly crisp it improved greatly with use. I don't think the reticule is thick at all and on mine the glass is very clear. I ended up buying 5 of them and am very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wamf View Post
    I was looking for a decent all around compact scope and found the bugnuster 3x12x32 to be a good candidate. The eye relief is short, set back rings may be needed. when new the side focus is stiff and the turret adjustments aren't exactly crisp it improved greatly with use. I don't think the reticule is thick at all and on mine the glass is very clear. I ended up buying 5 of them and am very happy with them.
    With it going on a HW35, the scope rails go to the back of the trigger block so with a bit of luck I might get away without using setback mounts.
    Thanks for your advice.

I have one they are dog poo

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    I have one they are dog poo

Dave.
    5 minutes after I ordered it and one of the most respected members on here says that!!! Just my luck
    You never know, I may be fortunate and and a good un will come through the door
    Last edited by gtfreight; 08-11-2021 at 04:21 PM.

5 minutes after I ordered it and one of the most respected members on here says that!!! Just my luck
    You never know, I may be fortunate and and a good un will come through the door

Hopefully yours may be ok, the one I have looks good and has plenty of features but it's lens quality is not good and the reticule is just way to thick at any magnification but suppose it does the job for the money, fingers crossed for yous pal.

Dave.

Thank you. I think I'll order one on Monday and see how it goes. If it suits me I'll probably sell the Airmax.
    CAreful on a springer.
    The tube caps between turrets and ocular / objective bell are tiny, meaning it may be hard to get correct eye relief.

Personally I'd give it a swerve and look for a similar scope to your airmax with higher mag.
    The utg stuff is ok , but not in the same league
    B.A.S.C. member