Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UTG Bugbuster 3-12x32 opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    5 minutes after I ordered it and one of the most respected members on here says that!!! Just my luck

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight
    You never know, I may be fortunate and and a good un will come through the door
    Nah, it'll be crap, Gary.

For what it's worth have you had a look through a Hawke Vantage 2-7x32? I struggle to find any massive differences in clarity between the airmax and vantage ranges, but the reticle in the vantage range are thicker

Oh well, you live and learn. I was told that it's recently been revamped with a thinner reticle but after reading some of the comments the eye relief maybe an issue.
    Fingers crossed, and thanks for all your help and advice. I'll let you know how I get along with it.

Oh well, you live and learn. I was told that it's recently been revamped with a thinner reticle but after reading some of the comments the eye relief maybe an issue.
    Fingers crossed, and thanks for all your help and advice. I'll let you know how I get along with it.
    The eye relief thing can be an issue with all compact scopes Gary.

Its a little bit easier on PCP's as they dont recoil, so you can use single strap mounts to get a bit of wriggle room on the scope tube, but you're pretty stuck with a springer.

Let us know how you get on with it.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The eye relief thing can be an issue with all compact scopes Gary.

Its a little bit easier on PCP's as they dont recoil, so you can use single strap mounts to get a bit of wriggle room on the scope tube, but you're pretty stuck with a springer.

Let us know how you get on with it.
    I most certainly will.

I've just got it mounted on the HW35 now and I'm fine with the eye relief, the reticle isn't too thick so I'm pleased with that. It's getting dark and looking through it in the back garden I'm quite impressed with the glass.
    The true test will be when I get to the range with it on Saturday.
    Wish me luck.

Glad to hear it! As Robs said many compact scopes have short eye relief so it's not just the Bugbuster.

The earlier versions had a thick reticle, but I think it's the owners of the front adjustable objective ones that report this. The later side parallax version is a lot more refined. I have both and the later one is superior. They tick all the boxes for me, low cost, side parallax, mill dot, 12x mag, no illuminated reticle, compact and robust.

Good luck at the range.

I've just got it mounted on the HW35 now and I'm fine with the eye relief, the reticle isn't too thick so I'm pleased with that. It's getting dark and looking through it in the back garden I'm quite impressed with the glass.
    Wish me luck.

UTG Bugbuster 3-12x32 opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Hopefully yours may be ok, the one I have looks good and has plenty of features but it's lens quality is not good and the reticule is just way to thick at any magnification but suppose it does the job for the money, fingers crossed for yous pal.

Dave.
    thats what it thought of mine too sold it soon after, prefer the little whitetails by far.

Wish me luck.
    Is the one you have the Older AO one or the Newer Side Focus Version ? Thanks
    I'M LEAVING NOW TO GO AND FIND MYSELF, IF I SHOULD RETURN BEFORE I GET BACK,PLEASE ASK ME TO WAIT !

Quote Originally Posted by Abu7 View Post
    Is the one you have the Older AO one or the Newer Side Focus Version ? Thanks
    It's a brand new SF model. I have done a mini review on the thread "Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details" post number 535.

This is mine on a .22