Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The enjoyment of reloading!

realoading

i do enjoy reloading but love turning it back to brass

Reloading

What presses do you use?
    I have a Lee 4 die turret press. My favourite for everything. Very quick calibre changes.
    A Dillon RL 650 set up for .38 my most used round
    And 2 x Dillon Precision Square deals set up for 9mm and .45

reloading

I dont load for rifles but shotguns. I shoot a lot of black powder cartridges and the only way to afford this is to reload your own. No where as exacting as loading bullets but still rewarding to see a box finished with neat roll crimps. Just finished a slab, it's amazing how fast we can get through them on the clays. But great fun.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Reloading

I have a lee 3 die holder and have each caliber on a separate holder so easy to change caliber

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I reload a couple of hundred rounds a month and am pleased to hear that other's enjoy it. I don't.

My lad got the Autotrickler v3 and the fancy FX120 scales https://i.imgur.com/0ZZPwCx.png a few months ago and that had speeded everything up nicely but I still find it a real chore.
    Yep, me too... I only reload to save money so I can shoot more and not go bankrupt!!

When I said this on another Uk Shooting forum, I was accused of being an unsafe reloader...!!! apparently you have to love what you're doing to do it properly..!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Yep, me too... I only reload to save money so I can shoot more and not go bankrupt!!

When I said this on another Uk Shooting forum, I was accused of being an unsafe reloader...!!! apparently you have to love what you're doing to do it properly..!
    I've spent a lot of money to "save money"

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    I've spent a lot of money to "save money"
    Me too :-)

But in the long run, I am saving money... the Lee Pro 1000 I bought in 1986 is still running fine and producing high quality .38 and .45Colt ammo and the components cost a fraction of factory ammo...

Like BigDuncs i find reloading, especially rifle case prep, a real chore, so I have splashed out on things to help, but even so, I reckon the cost of those, and ammo components, is still cheaper that if I'd bought quality factory ammo..

Reloading

Never get bored off reloading, but trimming is a pain!!

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    My favourite round to reload is 577/450 Martini Henry. I cast my own bullets, make lube, do paper patching. The whole process is very time consuming, but I hardly notice the time at all, its just very rewarding.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

I like making gadgets for reloading. I'm busy now making a wad cutter for .410 shotgun which will fit into a single stage press. The wad punch I use at the moment works perfectly well when twatted with a hammer but I WANT to make this gadget!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I hated reloading hundreds of waxy 38sp for PP1, probably because they got used up so fast, but nowadays loading .308 is a pleasure - I give each one a little wipe and place it lovingly in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I hated reloading hundreds of waxy 38sp for PP1, probably because they got used up so fast, but nowadays loading .308 is a pleasure - I give each one a little wipe and place it lovingly in the box
    Yep, me too !

.243, and .30-06 in my case.

I enjoy reloading, including the case prep, so I’m clearly a bit odd.

The bulk of mine is for my .303 which I use with reduced loads and cast bullets which adds a different aspect to things. Once I’m up and running I can put out a box of 50 .303 rounds for roughly the same price as the same number of .22lr. The equivalent number of full fat factory (privi) rounds would be around £50 so the savings ramp up quite quickly.

The bulk of my loading is on an old RCBS JR3 press, but I do have a lovely Buchanan hand press when I want to fondle something and a Lee hand press that I use for decapping.

I get almost as much pleasure from reloading as i do shooting.
    It's good to see I'm not alone in this.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I enjoy reloading, including the case prep, so I’m clearly a bit odd.

The bulk of mine is for my .303 which I use with reduced loads and cast bullets which adds a different aspect to things. Once I’m up and running I can put out a box of 50 .303 rounds for roughly the same price as the same number of .22lr. The equivalent number of full fat factory (privi) rounds would be around £50 so the savings ramp up quite quickly.

The bulk of my loading is on an old RCBS JR3 press, but I do have a lovely Buchanan hand press when I want to fondle something and a Lee hand press that I use for decapping.
    I am starting to reload .303 . Reading a lot and researching different loads. What are you reloading .303 with?