Thread: The enjoyment of reloading!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like making gadgets for reloading. I'm busy now making a wad cutter for .410 shotgun which will fit into a single stage press. The wad punch I use at the moment works perfectly well when twatted with a hammer but I WANT to make this gadget!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I hated reloading hundreds of waxy 38sp for PP1, probably because they got used up so fast, but nowadays loading .308 is a pleasure - I give each one a little wipe and place it lovingly in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I hated reloading hundreds of waxy 38sp for PP1, probably because they got used up so fast, but nowadays loading .308 is a pleasure - I give each one a little wipe and place it lovingly in the box
    Yep, me too !

.243, and .30-06 in my case.

I enjoy reloading, including the case prep, so I’m clearly a bit odd.

The bulk of mine is for my .303 which I use with reduced loads and cast bullets which adds a different aspect to things. Once I’m up and running I can put out a box of 50 .303 rounds for roughly the same price as the same number of .22lr. The equivalent number of full fat factory (privi) rounds would be around £50 so the savings ramp up quite quickly.

The bulk of my loading is on an old RCBS JR3 press, but I do have a lovely Buchanan hand press when I want to fondle something and a Lee hand press that I use for decapping.

I get almost as much pleasure from reloading as i do shooting.
    It's good to see I'm not alone in this.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I enjoy reloading, including the case prep, so I’m clearly a bit odd.

The bulk of mine is for my .303 which I use with reduced loads and cast bullets which adds a different aspect to things. Once I’m up and running I can put out a box of 50 .303 rounds for roughly the same price as the same number of .22lr. The equivalent number of full fat factory (privi) rounds would be around £50 so the savings ramp up quite quickly.

The bulk of my loading is on an old RCBS JR3 press, but I do have a lovely Buchanan hand press when I want to fondle something and a Lee hand press that I use for decapping.
    I am starting to reload .303 . Reading a lot and researching different loads. What are you reloading .303 with?

Quote Originally Posted by drogo View Post
    I am starting to reload .303 . Reading a lot and researching different loads. What are you reloading .303 with?
    Privi brass, Remington magnum primer, 16gn of 2400 and a powder coated cast bullet on top.

Did a pound cast to get the throat size and run the bullets at .314 with a gas check. Had the modify a Lee collet die and a lee sizing die to get the measurements I wanted.

I started reloading about 10 years ago and to be honest it bored me silly, but over the years I have come to regard it as something to enjoy.. I actually look forward to it now and 10 years on I have reloaded enough to have reached the point where I am actually saving money

I have been watching a lot of youtube vids on casting bullets recently so this may well be next on the list..