Thread: Greetings from Rochdale

Cool Greetings from Rochdale

Hello all,

Introductory posts are encouraged, so here goes.
    I'm Wes, mid 30s, Dutch national but a UK resident for about a decade now
    I've been shooting for about 3 years now, current collection:
    AA TX200HC Mk3 (basic tune / fettle, stock modified with a cheek riser and adjustable butt pad)
    AA TX200SR Mk1 (All original with the flat trigger blade)
    AA S400f (Regulated, with pretty much every Rowan Engineering component that can be fitted to it and in an MPR stock)
    HW100KTLam (used to be KS but switched stocks and now on a floating barrel)
    Röhm Twinmaster Top with a match grip, which I use for 10-metre although I am considering a proper match pistol. I also enjoy reactive targets, for which these will out-perform pretty much any Co2)

Then I've got an AA S510 US 'r' and an AA Alpha pistol, but seeing as the mrs shoots as well, they're considered 'hers'.

All rifles and pistols are non-FAC (sub 12/6 FPE), in .177 and I intend to stick to that calibre and have no real need for FAC power either.
    I stick to .177 mainly because I've got enough hassle with all the different pellets for pistols and rifles and pcps and springers as it is.
    The mrs and I both shoot 10-metre pistol and 50m bench rest, although I shoot 50m with both springer and PCP (which is to say, I'm making a real effort to get some consistency in my springer shooting at 50 metres. Doing great at 35 yards, but then it rapidly gets more difficult to have some measure of consistency).
    I also hope to try my hand at 10-metre rifle on a 'more regular basis' soon. I've had a go with several rifles at the club, but you don't really get into it until you get a rifle set up for yourself rather than borrowed from other shooters (and not messing with their setup in any form or way for obvious reasons).

Being from Rochdale, we do have the good fortune to have one of the best indoor ranges right here in town, RAGC is a fabulously maintained club full of genuinely nice people, and within a 30 minute drive there are several other options at our disposal as well, although we rarely feel the need to go further afield.

My online airgunning activities include several groups on 'metamagazine', lurking on that other 'main' forum for air guns, following several reviewers on youtube and monitoring second hand sections on the websites of local RFDs to see if any gems come into view.
    I came to this forum mainly because there is an item on sale by someone I came across elsewhere.
    I do tend to 'lurk', so I may read along and even occasionally post here and there in other sections/threads.
    However, I've only got 2 speeds in online interaction really, which are lurking in the background with occasional very brief comments or full-on essay mode.
    So, I keep to the background most of the time because I know once I get going I'm going to spend way too much time formulating my thoughts.

I type for a living (language services, e.g. translation, proofreading, transcription, subtitling, etc. and no, I haven't proofed this post and don't tend to proof my online interactions or those of others).
    So, the only thing I do faster than putting letters on the screen is removing them again to make corrections and changes.

Anyway, that should give you some idea about me.
    I look forward to having a good look around here at some point, but midnight is probably not the best option for that.
    So for now, all the best!

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Morning Wes, welcome aboard.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Thumbs up Welcome !

Welcome from the Monadnock region of New Hampshire !

welcome to a great forum

Welcome aboard Wess - oh, and good shooting on Tuesday (23rd).

The next Inter Club 50M Bench Rest (type) compt is on Tuesday 28 Dec. PLEASE pass it onto all your club contacts.

I got sacked for being a poof reader and eye don't know why.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk