Thread: Webley Eclipse .25 Carbine

Webley Eclipse .25 Carbine

Valuation for the above wanted.
    Rifle is complete with sights and in superb condition.

Excell

Would you be able to supply pictures never seen one in .25

is it a factory 25 or converted thanks

.25 Webley

They also did the Tommy. Mach 1.5

The barrel is stamped .25 - 6.3 - Eclipse, and the serial number is 847089.
    It is in superb 'as new' condition in what appears to be a beech stock. A screw has been inserted under the rear of the stock where a sling swivel would be attached.
    It has both sights attached.
    I will try and take some photographs shortly.

I remember this coming up in discussion before because I also had a standard Excel in .25. Still had its box.

I’m aware you’re looking for a valuation so if it is a factory produced gun I’d say £300-350, based on mine selling for IRO £250 over 10 years ago.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    I remember this coming up in discussion before because I also had a standard Excel in .25. Still had its box.

I’m aware you’re looking for a valuation so if it is a factory produced gun I’d say £300-350, based on mine selling for IRO £250 over 10 years ago.

Cheers
    Greg
    Thanks for that, Greg.
    That's round about the figure I had in mind, but as they so seldom, if ever, come up for sale, it's difficult to put an accurate current valuation on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post

Cheers
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Thanks for that, Greg.
    That's round about the figure I had in mind, but as they so seldom, if ever, come up for sale, it's difficult to put an accurate current valuation on it.
    Very interesting, and I don’t disagree on the valuation. Makes me wonder if a few factory .25” Vulcans or even Trackers were made.

Here are some indoor photographs of said rifle:

I had one with a walnut stock if memory serves and sold it for £265 around 8 years ago.

Kind regards,

John
    Last edited by BigDuncs; 08-11-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks to Big Duncs for stopping me from making an even bigger ass of myself, I had an eclipse of the brain.

I apologise for getting the model wrong, and if some think the valuation is wrong please revise the estimate.

Thanks for setting my mind at rest (though the edits make the thread read rather oddly!).

According to Thrale, only offered on the 1994-beyond Mark 2 (which yours is) and for export and in the U.K. on FAC - though yours is not the first I’ve seen at sub-12 here. Though still rare. £300 easy in my book.

Eclipse

Looks in nice condition. Being .25 there can't be many so £350 seems a fair price IMHO.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.