Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightest PCP air rifle

Lightest PCP air rifle

Hi all, I own a nice Air arms S200 pcp which weighs 2.6kg. I love shooting it at Bench rest, very accurate gun. I want to try shooting stood up and find it is too heavy for me to hold steady, I am slightly disabled with a spinal problem. I therefore am looking for the lightest pcp rifle. It would be nice to find a website that listed rifles by weight, but i dont know of one. May i ask politely for people to list their rifles weight for me if it is lighter than 2.6kg? Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Hi all, I own a nice Air arms S200 pcp which weighs 2.6kg. I love shooting it at Bench rest, very accurate gun. I want to try shooting stood up and find it is too heavy for me to hold steady, I am slightly disabled with a spinal problem. I therefore am looking for the lightest pcp rifle. It would be nice to find a website that listed rifles by weight, but i dont know of one. May i ask politely for people to list their rifles weight for me if it is lighter than 2.6kg? Many thanks in advance.
    Edgun Leshiy.
    Less that 2.5kg scoped and with mod
    B.A.S.C. member

Lightest rifle i can think of is not pcp though. Ratcatcher is the lightest i can think of but its C02

I’ve got a Brocock Contour super 6 in .177 with the smaller cylinder and it’s very lightweight, I can easily shoot it one handed, very nice rifle with a lovely walnut thumbhole stock , I had a S200 Mk3 and the Brocock is definitely lighter . Only downside is shot count at about 20-25 full power shots before it drops off quite rapidly.

It's not just the weight, the centre of balance matters a lot.
    The further from your shoulder the CoB is, the more strain it will put on your back, look towards a bullpup type.

The old mk1 FX Verminator was good as all the weight was tight in to the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's not just the weight, the centre of balance matters a lot.
    The further from your shoulder the CoB is, the more strain it will put on your back, look towards a bullpup type.

The old mk1 FX Verminator was good as all the weight was tight in to the shoulder.
    For once I would agree with Angrybear!! and say you need a little bit of weight for steadiness in an unsupported shot. A gun where the mass is further back will be steadier and more comfortable. With all respect have you asked any experienced target shooters to help you with your positions, there is a lot that can be done by just small changes in technique, and how you support he weight along your body structure, sending the weight onto your bodies skeletal structure. I do understand that your condition will limit in certain ways what you might be able to do.

My own Titan MPT semi bullpup (almost the same as a Falcon FN12 thumbhole but set back slightly) weighs only 2.9kg scoped and silenced, but is very short at 33" so the weight is well back.
    The only gun I think that is decent and lighter is the small Brocock as mentioned above.
    BASC

Artemis P15 , around 2kg

FX Solo single shot Synthetic - old version

Old version weighs in at 2.1 kg, newer one is slightly heavier

Depending upon range of course, have you thought about a PCP Pistol.
    VAYA CON DIOS

I'm far from a PCP expert, and I can't recall the little gun's accurate title, but could I suggest the Crosman Marauder pistol / carbine / Woods Walker thingy? To my mind one of the most purposeful looking little guns out there.

https://www.range-right.co.uk/products/ag013
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-11-2021 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Link added.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm far from a PCP expert, and I can't recall the little gun's accurate title, but could I suggest the Crosman Marauder pistol / carbine / Woods Walker thingy? To my mind one of the most purposeful looking little guns out there.

https://www.range-right.co.uk/products/ag013
    Hi Tony L, I have come to the conclusion you do not have a heart
    its replaced by a huge spring that goes BOING all day long!!!!!
    ATB bRIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Artemis P15 , around 2kg

That’s 2Kg unscoped of course.
    My Classic Leshiy weighs 2.04Kg including a Pard 008.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.B View Post
    That’s 2Kg unscoped of course.
    My Classic Leshiy weighs 2.04Kg including a Pard 008.
    Can you give me the model number of your leshiy please?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Can you give me the model number of your leshiy please?
    There is no model number, it’s just the original Leshiy.

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Hi Tony L, I have come to the conclusion you do not have a heart
    its replaced by a huge spring that goes BOING all day long!!!!!
    ATB bRIAN
    Hi Brian, hope you're keeping well. And I see elsewhere that you've treated yourself to a little something spring powered recently. Well done.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!