Thread: red dot sight / recoil

red dot sight / recoil

i fitted a red dot sight on my hw45, still need to fine tune the sight, i've only fired a few shots through it, i noticed the sight has moved forward on the rail, i will order a recoil stopper which sits on the rail infront on the sight to stop it moving, they are unavailable at the moment. OUT OF STOCK.

Sorry about the slow reply. I fitted a Hawke red dot to my HW45 a few weeks ago and having an 11mm dovetail, it is off centre and it also moved a bit. I recently ordered a weaver to 11mm dovetail adapter and an 11mm stopper block from Ant Supplies. My HW45 has a 13mm wide dovetail so when the parts arrive I plan to mill a 13mm slot out of the underside of the adapter and trim off the weaver bit so that I can fix it to the cocking arm. I will probably need to drill and tap the cocking arm to fix the adapter which is a shame but it will hopefully then have a solid 11mm rail, albeit about 4mm too high.
    How do others fix red dots to their HW45s? They can't all be scoped or open sighted.

red dot sight / fitting

have a look on this webpage, pqara.co.uk (PREMIUM QUALITY AIR RIFLE ACCESSORIES) you may find what your looking for. hope this is of help to you.

Thanks for that Tapps, it is good to know that there is a dealer who is interested in the HW45.
    I used to have a vector Sphinx on my mine but it had a light sensor and no rheostat. I found it rather too bright and tricky to paper punch with. It was fitted using the spring loaded weaver to dovetail adapter but to fit it at the front of the gun, it needed dressing with a file. I was nervous about a sight being mounted on such a short clamp but I never saw it move. My HW is an early one and, strangely the dovetail is (with my Mitutoyos) 13.5mm wide at the rear sight end and 14.1mm at the foresight end. That taper and the fact that it is lightweight, is perhaps why I never noticed the Vector move.
    I got the smallest sized Hawke Vantage because it has the rheostat and is more compact and lighter than the Condor but it has completely the wrong dovetail. I like the sight at the far end because it makes loading easier but I suspect that it doesn't help the balance. Hopefully, when I do my adapter it will work and won't add too much weight.
    I am in my mid sixties and that is my excuse for giving up on the open sights.
    Nice looking grips, does anyone know what the fit is like for 6 foot bloke's hands?

hw45

he has a section of things he finds suitable for the hw45 red dot sight's, grips & the recoil stopper.well worth a look