Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF? Really? Custom W Mk3 at auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John you love it because it actually is a nice stock. Don Robbo had to sign a contract saying he wouldn't add his usual execrable flourishes and the original buyer then held his family hostage while he made it to ensure he didn't stray off-piste...
    LOL.

You’re right though, DR was best when he was doing his least DR-like stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John you love it because it actually is a nice stock. Don Robbo had to sign a contract saying he wouldn't add his usual execrable flourishes and the original buyer then held his family hostage while he made it to ensure he didn't stray off-piste...
    Ha ha ha!! I heard that about him Danny!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I’ve never seen any of his engraving without thinking both that it’s really talented and that it’s really horrible
    Are you thinking of Don Blocksidge, who did metal engraving on airguns? I thought Don Robinson was mostly a wood man, could be wrong though.

The late Don Robinson was a very talented woodsmith.

He worked on two guns for me and both jobs were excellent. However, I did brief him properly so he know exactly what I wanted.

Some of the publicised work he did was garish to most people's mind but he was a very talented and nice chap.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Are you thinking of Don Blocksidge, who did metal engraving on airguns? I thought Don Robinson was mostly a wood man, could be wrong though.
    Ah, yes i was. My mistake
    Morally flawed

I know what you mean about the engraving though. Beautifully done, just debatable whether it belongs on an airgun. Each to their own, I suppose.