Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pushing the envelope . :TX 200

Yes same build essentially .

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I honestly think Nick is really pushing all the rest of us into the second tier of shed tuning... very impressive.
    Yep, even though he's far too modest to accept the accolades.

And that'd be me (and many more enthusiasts) in Tiers 3&4.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Don't know about that Jon , some of your ideas are in this mate
    Had it over chrono , put 3 mm less preload in to be in the safe side and it made 11 fpe straight off once the piston ring beds in it should improve , interestingly the 7. 3 are now a tad less at 10.9 but nothing in it , 8.4, are 10.6 fpe, I am now in 3 mm port 7 mm long , going to try more piston weight with less spring, cycle might get even better being a bit slower, so all good at the minute ��
    Sounding lovely, Nick.

What does it feel like?

It'd be mega interesting and enlightening to get this, the 21mm, Craig's HW30, Vernal's LGV, Jon's 24mm and a few others on Loki's or Jim's measuring rings.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Very difficult to describe a shot cycle , here goes fast but no hint of aggression , or slamming, sort of a dull thud and it's gone , close your eyes and concentrate on the shoulder and the bare minimal of push into the shoulder, sight picture still moves of course but not much !I reckon it's ready for a meet up with Craigy.

Yes same build essentially .
    Brillaint. Just so happens I have another ‘spare’ TX action here too...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sounding lovely, Nick.

What does it feel like?

It'd be mega interesting and enlightening to get this, the 21mm, Craig's HW30, Vernal's LGV, Jon's 24mm and a few others on Loki's or Jim's measuring rings.
    See if you can wangle a day off, mate and come meet up with Nick and I when we get tougher.
    I’ll bring the 30, a 22mm and the 21mm TX’s, so plenty to play with along with Nicks creations.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    why is all the good airgunning stuff happening in the middle of the country when I'm down sarf ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    why is all the good airgunning stuff happening in the middle of the country when I'm down sarf ?
    More than happy to house swap with you, mate. You’d just love my neighbours, and their six ‘children’...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

A great thread
    I am following your progress with a keen interest ,after having the pleasure of shooting your Tx200s at the last Bash.
    I am still in the queue (hopefully ) for one of your reduced cylinder conversions on my mk3 Tx200 ?..
    Atb
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    More than happy to house swap with you, mate. You’d just love my neighbours, and their six ‘children’...
    Thanks for the offer, I'll pass...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Very difficult to describe a shot cycle , here goes fast but no hint of aggression , or slamming, sort of a dull thud and it's gone , close your eyes and concentrate on the shoulder and the bare minimal of push into the shoulder, sight picture still moves of course but not much !I reckon it's ready for a meet up with Craigy.
    Pah, a mad bloke down the pub reckons if you pulled the piston instead of pushing it your gun would be recoiless, Nick.

It must be right 'cause he told me he was a Professor.

Loving the build up.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Pah, a mad bloke down the pub reckons if you pulled the piston instead of pushing it your gun would be recoiless, Nick.

Loving the build up.

All the best Mick
    I read that too Mick , I have been doing it wrong all these year's ☹️

I read that too Mick , I have been doing it wrong all these year's ☹️
    Silly you.

He's made no end of fantastic recoiless twin piston springers over the years, but he's never shown them to anyone --- he's a nutter.

All the best Mick

Excellent.. But, like you say, so hard to describe a cycle and associated feel / movement, much of which can sometimes be subjective and "masked" by other aspects, like lack of twang / noises, perceived quickness etc. That's why a rig might be handy. As long as it's repeatable it'd give a measurable factor. But then, the main thing is that they're accurate and hit whatever they're pointed at and in a repeatable manner. Those rifles previously mentioned, including those fine pieces of yours, delivered this in spades and with hardly any perceptible sight picture disturbance. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

See if you can wangle a day off, mate and come meet up with Nick and I when we get tougher.
    I’ll bring the 30, a 22mm and the 21mm TX’s, so plenty to play with along with Nicks creations.
    That would be utterly fabulous, Craigy.. The only thing is I've already booked any remaining holiday days up for kids' hospital visits, Christmas shopping () etc. and might struggle. But if you let me know when it might happen, I'll see if I can get along as I'd really love to be there at this important watershed time & pivotal moment and it'd be great to see you and Nick once again.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Loving the build up.

All the best Mick
    Did he tug his piston with knicker elastic, Mick? Or was it his braces?