Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pushing the envelope . :TX 200

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    why is all the good airgunning stuff happening in the middle of the country when I'm down sarf ?

Nah
    You're in the north too

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That would be utterly fabulous, Craigy.. The only thing is I've already booked any remaining holiday days up for kids' hospital visits, Christmas shopping () etc. and might struggle. But if you let me know when it might happen, I'll see if I can get along as I'd really love to be there at this important watershed time & pivotal moment and it'd be great to see you and Nick once again.
    If you want, I could drop my Venom BSF 55 off at Nicks House and you could all strip it down together and see what a proper tuned springer looks like inside

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    If you want, I could drop my Venom BSF 55 off at Nicks House and you could all strip it down together and see what a proper tuned springer looks like inside

Pete
    Interesting Idea, you might like to shoot it side by side with this latest gun , see how "properly tuned " you think it is then 😉

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Interesting Idea, you might like to shoot it side by side with this latest gun , see how "properly tuned " you think it is then ��
    I bet it would be like a bag of spanners compared to yours, comparing it to my Prosport it's not as nice or even my BSA .25 feels better to me, it would be interesting to see what Venom was doing back then, I think if you only tuned one model of rifle, like the TX200 for example and you perfected its performance down to a t, then you could offer that tune to others but having to spend so many hours working out how every springer ticks then it would cost a fortune for a customer to have it bang on perfect.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Found a bit more power 🤭.I hadn't got the pellet seating as well as I like ie flush with the barrel, so adjusted the end plug by 0.26mm, that gave a little extra stroke, made a properly fitting guide & a top hat with a little extra weight,and that resulted in jsb 8.4 g @ 11.1 fpe , jsb 7.9 @ 11.2, and the AA express which always make more power 11.6 !, So it's now performing the same as my 21 mm target gun .
    Be interested to do one for my target gun as it's barrel makes power easier than this one .
    Also the o ring for the breech I had to hand wasn't an ideal size so I have ordered some , you never know that might yield some more .

Last info for a bit, put a load of pellets through and the piston ring has bedded in now doing 11.6 with the heavier pellets so took some weight out and made it up with preload , now 11 and 11.2 with lights, a bit faster nicer to shoot so that's it ready for Craig p's testing and opinion.

Last info for a bit, put a load of pellets through and the piston ring has bedded in now doing 11.6 with the heavier pellets so took some weight out and made it up with preload , now 11 and 11.2 with lights, a bit faster nicer to shoot so that's it ready for Craig p's testing and opinion.
    Nice work Nick.you are always up to something new.
    Phaa if this works I wonder how long it will be until 20mm becomes the new fashionable 21mm which from memory was never going to to really work, if you listened to others.
    But apparently 21mm is the new buzz over 22..
    funny old world aint it you nailed the 21mm system now moving forward again

Absolutely tremendous news.
    I can’t do Saturday though, sadly - got the electrician coming to power up my new chequering shed.
    Friday or Sunday any good?
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Ooo-er; your very own little workshop / man cave, Craigy? COOL!. Piccies, please.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Found a bit more power 🤭.I hadn't got the pellet seating as well as I like ie flush with the barrel, so adjusted the end plug by 0.26mm, that gave a little extra stroke, made a properly fitting guide & a top hat with a little extra weight,and that resulted in jsb 8.4 g @ 11.1 fpe , jsb 7.9 @ 11.2, and the AA express which always make more power 11.6 !, So it's now performing the same as my 21 mm target gun .
    Be interested to do one for my target gun as it's barrel makes power easier than this one .
    Also the o ring for the breech I had to hand wasn't an ideal size so I have ordered some , you never know that might yield some more .
    Sounding fabulous, Nick.. Very well done, sir.. Will look forward to those further tests and Craig's input.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooo-er; your very own little workshop / man cave, Craigy? COOL!. Piccies, please.
    Yes mate.
    Sarah has had more than enough of me moaning about the stocks, chequering tools, chisels, saws and oils that I’ve carefully left on the kitchen table have been moved - so she’s packing me off into my own little house up the garden.
    I can’t wait
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

An absolute win-win, my friend.

Pushing the envelope

Nick G. Fancy a challenge Nick? I need a piston making for the ultimate Springer FT / Hunting rig. Let me know if interested? Mach 1.5. Oh 25mm.

Exactly that Jon, big o ring crush on the two large o rings, very light on the breech seal, the comp tube outer front face also bears on the action when locked up . It all works without a spring in 😂,have to see what happens when I shoot it .
    Just a thought Nick.

Would it be worth making you cylinder end plug with a step in it and machining the tube to suit, then the circlip could be used to lock the plug in position ?

All the best Mick

I did it this way Mick so the end plug could move rearwards as the tx barrel isn't always the same length, and the linkeage can differ slightly , it saves me having to be too critical on the depth of the breech recess ,however with this 20 mm I need max stroke , and having it slide shortens the stroke slightly .