Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pushing the envelope . :TX 200

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I did it this way Mick so the end plug could move rearwards as the tx barrel isn't always the same length, and the linkeage can differ slightly , it saves me having to be too critical on the depth of the breech recess ,however with this 20 mm I need max stroke , and having it slide shortens the stroke slightly .
    Ah --- got you Nick.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Nick G. Fancy a challenge Nick? I need a piston making for the ultimate Springer FT / Hunting rig. Let me know if interested? Mach 1.5. Oh 25mm.
    Can't see that being too much of a challenge for Nick, Paul.. Altering a production gun or doing a bespoke one?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Been shooting it every day , velocity hasn't budged .Going to zero this & my 21mm mk1 tomorrow, ahead of a meet up with Craig for a shakedown session on an hft course, ( new to me , normally shoot ft ) Sunday

Hi Nick, I assume the 21 has a shorter stroke than the 20 so which has the nicer cycle/ least recoil or is it too close to call?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Been shooting it every day , velocity hasn't budged .Going to zero this & my 21mm mk1 tomorrow, ahead of a meet up with Craig for a shakedown session on an hft course, ( new to me , normally shoot ft ) Sunday
    Really looking forward to reading of the outcome of this very important shakedown assessment, Nick and Craig......Bring it on!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Nick, I assume the 21 has a shorter stroke than the 20 so which has the nicer cycle/ least recoil or is it too close to call?
    Yes correct the 20 mm stroke is a lot longer though interestingly it feels as fast but far softer , re the sight picture movement , need to shoot them in anger , Sunday should help having another opinion, but the acid test will be getting it into my ft rig and shooting a competition.

And the big day edges ever closer. Absolutely buzzing with anticipation here.

The big day's here. Wrap up warm, chaps.. Have an amazing day and we're all looking forward to hearing how it goes.

....wow.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

"Wow"?. Just "wow"?.

Is that it.? After all this excitement, build up and sleepless nights and all we get is bloody "wow"?

Ah, of course I jest, Craigy. And if ever there was such a short but meaningful little phrase conveying the message, "wow" is surely it.

Hope you had a most revealing and enjoyable time.

Now, more details, please........

Guessing you'll need to thaw out properly and may have plenty of daddy duties to perform and brownie points to claw back!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    "Wow"?. Just "wow"?.

Now, more details, please........
    Well, imagine a TX with...

Hang on, someone at the door...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Well, imagine a TX with...

Hang on, someone at the door...
    Is it Claire West?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    We have a new sport.. Tony baiting
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Cruel but true , I am sure he will be along in a bit to end the misery 🤭

I know what happened, the piston seal set on fire, the gun exploded and the barrel fell off
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer