Thread: Viper Connect and night vision

Viper Connect and night vision

Is it possible to add on a night vision unit to these type of scopes ?

I have read read no in previous old threads, I think, but as technology has moved on just wondering if this has changed ?

Yes, a front mounted unit.

Yes you can but I found it wasn't ideal, I found it didn't let as much light in as a standard scope and for my old eyes the reticle was too faint. There are better scopes, the cheaper ones with less lens coatings seem to work best.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes, a front mounted unit.
    Who makes this type ?

Thanks

Pulsar, ATN, Cobra, Armasight.

I put my pard007 on my viper connect, and it seemed quite satisfactory. But haven't actually had it out for rats. If the weather is ok. Might try going out with it. Its on my daystate pulsar. Minimum mag and focus were good to 20yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Is it possible to add on a night vision unit to these type of scopes ?

I have read read no in previous old threads, I think, but as technology has moved on just wondering if this has changed ?
    The best scope I’ve found for the Pard 007 is the Airmax Compact. Absolutely brilliant with it
    Impact Airguns GSX 200 0.22/0.177 Ben Taylor Smooth Twist
    Theoben Rapid 12 0.20 Tyrolean - HW80 Mk1 VMach 0.22
    HW97K 0.177 Paul Short Stage 4 Titanium Piston

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJG View Post
    The best scope I’ve found for the Pard 007 is the Airmax Compact. Absolutely brilliant with it
    That's good news as I have just bought an Airmax compact to use with a OneLeaf NV100 (Pard clone). Over the years I've tried lots of scopes trying to find the perfect one, the best so far was an Accushot SF compact which I sold in favour of a Connect, currently using a Hawke varmint SF.

Ive used a hawke vantage SF but found the reticle a bit fat with my nv90 which I have zero issues with unlike others to the point I will be buying another one when they get some. I far prefer the shortness of the unit, I have zero affect on head position. Have replaced the hawke with a vector optics ffp, which is also very good, especially the tiny reticle even at full mag is still smaller than the hawkes..!.