Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air arms break barrel

Air arms break barrel

Sorry if this has been done to death but my friend thinks he has been told Air Arms are considering this. Does anyone (especially the AA connected lads) have any info on this?
    I'd quite happily buy a AA break barrelyself.

I've not heard anything but, then, I have no "special" connections. We can live in hope; fingers crossed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Air Arms are not planning on bringing one out.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

AA

Yep this has been done to death. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    Sorry if this has been done to death but my friend thinks he has been told Air Arms are considering this. Does anyone (especially the AA connected lads) have any info on this?
    I'd quite happily buy a AA break barrelyself.
    Ah this old chestnut

My favourite subject

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...eak-Barrel-yet

Now my own thoughts on this is based on conversations with Sheila and Claire at arms about a year ago now plus my own injected humour.

As we all know AA made a break barrel the pro elite many moons ago, some might say it was a flop and it left a sour taste with AA it was a slow seller and mainly exported for the bigger power junkies.

There was a reduced cylinder after market conversion which the sub 12 boys got excited about.

The years passed with the PE being a bargain then they became sought after and now you can’t find one and if you do they are a huge wedge so many missed the boat myself included

Rumours are AA have 3 or 4 new prototypes of this fancy new break barrel but are yet to make a decision.

The market might not dictate that a fancy new break barrel at probably a hefty wedge will be a good enough seller and once bitten this might be the real reason however when LTD edition fancy coloured wineracks are commanding serious money for a springer and the Prosport walnut is the thick end of £700 maybe AA should rethink this as I personally feel it would sell and it certainly would be popular going by the amount of Herman break barrel around.

However I personally think they need more than one break barrel version something as a lighter 99 challenger and something more mid to heavy weight to challenge the 95 and 80 etc.

It’s a catch22 for AA if they make just one version it’s not going to please everyone unless they can get it absolutely perfect for the sub 12 market but then they are restricting sales on exports or for the power junkies

Why would they?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Why would they?
    To finally make the forum nutters happy

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Ah this old chestnut

My favourite subject

Rumours are AA have 3 or 4 new prototypes of this fancy new break barrel but are yet to make a decision.
    It's not a rumour Nick.

Claire and I had a phone conversation a couple of years ago, in which she stated they had 3 working prototype break barrel rifles.
    So straight out of the horse's mouth.

She also said, that their take was that no one would pay in excess of £600 for a springer, so not viable to make it.

Oh how things have changed
    How much is the Pro Sport now?
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    It's not a rumour Nick.

Claire and I had a phone conversation a couple of years ago, in which she stated they had 3 working prototype break barrel rifles.

She also said, that their take was that no one would pay in excess of £600 for a springer, so not viable to make it.

Oh how things have changed
    How much is the Pro Sport now?
    Exactly Rob

It's not a rumour Nick.

This was the last reply I got from Sheila 9/7/2020

Hi Nick,

We are always being asked about a Break Barrel and it does get discussed quite regularly.

Unfortunately, there are always other projects in the pipeline that take priority.
    I would say, never say never, but there are no plans to introduce one any time soon.

Kind regards,
    Sheila
    Air Arms

Exactly Rob
    A lot's changed in the last few years Nick.
    Not long ago, the £1k air rifle was the domain of the likes of Steyr, FWB, Ripley and ISP and the like.
    Now pretty much any company feels its ok to knock rifles out at twice that .

If AA ever did see their way clear to making a BB, with a sensible piston diameter (so basically something smaller than the PE), I reckon they'd clean up and sell every one they could make. I think they could pretty much think of a number, pricewise too.

Instead, their efforts go into rehashing their 25 year old pcp design, with the tactical 510. Bargain at only 1350 quid

It has been suggested, that AA may be being paid, not to make a BB. It's the only reason I can see for them not doing it.
    B.A.S.C. member

A lot's changed in the last few years Nick.
    Not long ago, the £1k air rifle was the domain of the likes of Steyr, FWB, Ripley and ISP and the like.
    Now pretty much any company feels its ok to knock rifles out at twice that .

If AA ever did see their way clear to making a BB, with a sensible piston diameter (so basically something smaller than the PE), I reckon they'd clean up and sell every one they could make. I think they could pretty much think of a number, pricewise too.

Instead, their efforts go into rehashing their 25 year old pcp design, with the tactical 510. Bargain at only 1350 quid

It has been suggested, that AA may be being paid, not to make a BB. It's the only reason I can see for them not doing it.
    Certainly has Rob,

Prices certainly went North big time with the big players.

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is how flooded and saturated the market is now not just at the top but at the budget pcp end with no end of Far Eastern and Turkish clones fecked if I know who actually makes what now

That’s an interesting suggestion about AA being paid not to make it 🤔

That’s an interesting suggestion about AA being paid not to make it 🤔
    It certainly made me think, when it was mentioned to me.

A 25 / 26mm AA BB offering would certainly put a sizeable dent in Herman's annual revenue
    B.A.S.C. member

I agree with the above. They should make something along the lines of the 99/95 instead of churning out the like of the Galahad, S510 TC etc.

Air Arms quality, 99 dimensions £400 - 500 ish, sorted, think they would sell by the bucket load.

£800 for a Walnut Pro Sport
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    £800 for a Walnut Pro Sport
    Crikey Dave I knew they were £700+ not long back but £800

All that outlay for the pleasure of having a horrible bit of metal digging in your hand what total madness

Mind you in used condition folk will still want £785