Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What scope mounts for Webley Omega , Longbow etc

What scope mounts for Webley Omega , Longbow etc

Hi All
    Was wondering did Webley produce a scope mount for the Omaga , Longbow etc ? Something that fitted the cross grooves on the cylinder ?
    Have seen there was a Sporstmatch mount but not a fan
    Regards Tom

Mounts

Only sportsmatch or Apel. The longbow doesn't have grooves across the top of the cylinder. Mach 1.5

For Apel crossbolt then these fit both FWB Sport and Omega. Different to Apel drop bolt for HWs. Apel are steel and can rust/pit if neglected.
    Apel look smart. Hard to find, so buy when found.

Sportsmatch never do look that smart on older rifles, though do hold better.

webley mounts

thank you gentlemen
    tom

I have some 2 piece Webley branded/marked rings somewhere but no Webley to put them on
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    For Apel crossbolt then these fit both FWB Sport and Omega. Different to Apel drop bolt for HWs. Apel are steel and can rust/pit if neglected.
    Apel look smart. Hard to find, so buy when found.
    This strange gentleman (Steve) bought a o/p 13mm Apel mount at our recent Adlington Airgun Fair (Sat 16th Oct) and one of the conditions of the sale was that he had to have his photo taken wearing a fez.

An Apel a day keeps the nutters at bay.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I.J. we know you have a secret stash of Apels; a barrels worth at least
    The 13mm were for the older HW35 rails I believe? Do correct me if I am wrong. But then there weren't so many scopes fitted. To me scopes are from the 80s onwards, and always best to have a scope from that time.
    (You probably forced him to kiss the butt of HW35's, sooo beautiful....to some that would be painful. We know Sports are the prettiest.. We know you have a Walnut Sport )

There is an Apel for BSA's, Airsporters. I moved mine on when I decided not to become a big time collector.

For some rifles they just look so good.
    Now with so many rifles with picatinney then I like Leupold. Sportmatch can look fine on some rifles too. Mounts should compliment the rifle not compromise the look. Same can be said with scopes. Easier said than done.
    Last edited by Muskett; 12-11-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Tis true that a lot of my period springers (HW35s, 'Sports, Omegas) are fitted with Apel o/p mounts. I even have a couple of sets for BSA with the relived rails at the back so you could get better eye relief due to the curved trigger block.
    Apel produced o/p mounts for BSA (very rare), HWs (13mm and 9/11mm) and FWB Sport/Omega (with the recoil bar). A 'Sport mount will fit many other rifles if you tap out the recoil bar - just a split cotter pin.
    The interchangeable rings came in three different heights catering for most guns and the two thrids rings need to be clipped over a scope body - I use 35mm film negative when doing this to protect the scope. I always wipe over the scope rails before fitting the mounts to remove the risk of rusting and, as for clamping ability, I once slacked the retaining (Allen) bolt on a BSA set and, they had grabbed that well, I had to use a soft-faced hammer to break the grip. Ive never had problems with scope creep using Apel and, you've got to admit, they look good.

Last edited by I. J.; 12-11-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Mounts

The webley branded mounts fit well on the stingray, longbow and Tommy etc. Mach 1.5

omega mounts

Hi Guys
    Good comments all round
    If perchance anyone comes across APEL mount for the omega would you please drop me a PM
    Regards Tom

I have BKL mounts on my tomahawk.

Never knew there even wére specific mounts for those grooves.
    Patriot has these grooves too.
    I use standard 1piece mounts for all. If necessary with stopblock behind it.
    What do these special Sportsmatch mounts look like? (especially underside)
    ATB,
    yana

Omega / FWB Sport mounts

For the omega and FWB Sport there is a steel pin underneath the base of the mount that fits snug into the grooves of the cylinder on the omega and FWB. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    For the omega and FWB Sport there is a steel pin underneath the base of the mount that fits snug into the grooves of the cylinder on the omega and FWB. Mach 1.5
    This pin is easily taped out making the sight suitable to several other makes/models.

HTH
    Ian