Thread: New airgun club

New airgun club

Hello,

I am a new member of the forum and look forward to corresponding with other members. Although I shot small bore and centre fire pistols from the mid 1960s until about 1988 I only started shooting air pistol about two years ago. There was a hiatus during 2020 when the club in which I shot closed during the lockdown and the management committee changed the membership rules which disadvantaged airgun shooters. I am pleased to say that the former airgun shooters in that club were able to form a new club four months ago. The club has affiliated to the NSRA and the Welsh Airgun Association and some members have begun competing in the Dorset postal leagues. I would welcome any information about other postal competitions and any sources of funding for new clubs. The club is called the Gogarth Airgun Club and more information is available on its facebook account.

Thank you,

Roger

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome Roger.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

welcome to a great forum

Looks like you are shooting in a rented village hall. Our club did that for about ten years on and off until we built our own 'indoor' range.

What distance do you have? If you can get 20 yards then you could include lightweight sport rifle as well as bench rest in your list of disciplines. The Hammerli rifles look like they are 7.5 joule versions for 10m match shooting.

Regarding funding, have you met your local councillor? You may be too late for this round of grants..https://www.llandudno.gov.uk/en/grants

Maybe Conwy Borough Council has something similar? Councillors often have discretionary funds they can award to deserving causes in their 'parish', so to speak.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Thumbs up Welcome !

Welcome Roger !
    Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.