Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would ACTUALLY buy an AA break barrel?

Who would ACTUALLY buy an AA break barrel?

The returning writings about the rumoured AA breakbarrel are fun to read...
    Theres no reason to think they would be cheaper than the existing AA springers, would anyone on here be willing to actually buy one IF it was made?

I dont like buying new stuff that hasn't been proved over time, but perhaps other people dont think like me?
    Too many airguns!

I would, as long as it had a sensible piston diameter. If they were to recreate the monster that was the Pro Elite, I wouldn't.

It's not as though they don't have a long established record of producing quality springers, is it?
    B.A.S.C. member

If it was light in weight and similar in size to a HW95 and using 25 or 26mm internals and above all not fitted with that ugly fish scale stock think I would give one go, if it was anything near the contraption that was the pro elite then no.

Dave.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    If it was light in weight and similar in size to a HW95 and using 25 or 26mm internals and above all not fitted with that ugly fish scale stock think I would give one go, if it was anything near the contraption that was the pro elite then no.

Dave.
    Agreed, if it was light enough and looked as good as the Prosport, then yes, I have the money here waiting for one right now.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I’ve banged on about one enough times so would have to put my money where my mouth is

Depending of the quality , If they follow hw with the quality of the newish guns then no, Definitely not, Would pay extra if it's of good quality and not made in China or anywhere else except the UK,

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Depending of the quality , If they follow hw with the quality of the newish guns then no, Definitely not, Would pay extra if it's of good quality and not made in China or anywhere else except the UK,
    I don't think AA would go down the Diana route and farm stuff out to China, their quality has almost always been top notch with the odd QC problem (mainly bluing issues if I remember correctly).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Maybe. Depends on cost and construction. I would want to read as many reviews as possible and hopefully shoot one on a range ... a Shooting / Game Fair Show??. Plus read opinions from those who already have one. Now I know many people would discount reviews and also those of private individuals but I think they can be valuable back ground information. If all was favourable then I might buy one or maybe wait a while for a few to reach the s/h market.
    However ... definite interest.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Maybe. Depends on cost and construction. I would want to read as many reviews as possible and hopefully shoot one on a range ... a Shooting / Game Fair Show??. Plus read opinions from those who already have one. Now I know many people would discount reviews and also those of private individuals but I think they can be valuable back ground information. If all was favourable then I might buy one or maybe wait a while for a few to reach the s/h market.
    However ... definite interest.

Cheers, Phil
    Similar to what I'm thinking, but how many of us want it to be a proven gun before we buy?? Someone has to go first....

BUT it would have to be made to the proper specs to even be on the table for me - I want a 25mm piston (they'd probably use the TX/Prosport piston?) and a stroke at 85mm or less, (or at least a stroke you can change with a piston rod change like the existing piston), a good pivot/lockup system, one piece cocking lever, good factory honed comp tubes, proper barrel with a proper breech taper and the CD trigger.

There are many stars that need to align before I spend that amount of money on a new gun.....
    Too many airguns!

If it was a nice gun available with a walnut stock then yes I'd want one. Break barrels are my favourite kind of airgun. AA would sell about 6 off the back of this thread, surely that's enough to tempt them into full production
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The US market will dictate the viability of any development. So we will get a strangled down heavyweight again.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

I'd buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    The US market will dictate the viability of any development. So we will get a strangled down heavyweight again.
    My thoughts also. Why limit your market to a handful of countries where you may sell a few hundred rifles when you can supply them to almost all of the world where you could sell thousands.

Yes some US shooters like sub12 but most want MORE POWER as Tim the tool man Allen would say.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    No need for me - got one, in the rare 0.177 calibre and a 25mm conversion. Heavy old beast, but shoots as sweet as anything. If AA did make one like that it would be a beaut!
    Jerry

I'd give one a go for sure.

Personally, I'd like to see one of the "big guns" (so to speak) have a go at producing a reliable pump-up pneumatic rifle for the UK market.

Perhaps there wouldn't be much of a market for one in the grand scheme of things since we've been so spoilt with the proliferation of decent PCPs in recent years, but Webley had a go a few years back (and failed miserably) with the Rebel which I'm sure would have been a good move had the rifle not been produced so cheaply with a general performance to match.

Just my tuppence worth though ...
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.