Thread: Probably a daft question......Here goes

Probably a daft question......Here goes

I have always had springers in the 80s and when I moved to PCP last year I used to fill using a Hills hand pump, I now have a divers tank which needs filling, so do I remove the whip or leave it on when taking it for filling?

You might be saving them a few moments of spannering by removing it, it needs to be removed to put their filling equipment on to the A clamp or screw into the 232/300 bar female fitting
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Thanks Clipper, I will remove it then

whip

Quote Originally Posted by DM1964 View Post
    I have always had springers in the 80s and when I moved to PCP last year I used to fill using a Hills hand pump, I now have a divers tank which needs filling, so do I remove the whip or leave it on when taking it for filling?
    remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by tapps View Post
    remove it.
    Cheers tapps

Remove everything after the actual cylinder valve except the blanking plug to keep the threads clean, which should be on a lanyard to stop it going walkabout.

If you get a brass or steel blanking plug then you can test the fill pressure, before you leave the shop, assuming you have a surface valve with gauge & bleed screw.