Thread: TX trigger first stage

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

TX trigger first stage

I can't seem to get my first stage smooth on my TX, am I missing something here is the area that I have polished along.

That's usually the right area. You should've been able to see just where the screw tips were rubbing. I also polish the rounded screw tips. If you go back to the the contact points between the middle and bottom sear, this can be polished as well. Go very slowly and don't remove any more than any grinding marks. Also make sure you follow the factory profile and keep the sharp corners sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    That's usually the right area. You should've been able to see just where the screw tips were rubbing. I also polish the rounded screw tips. If you go back to the the contact points between the middle and bottom sear, this can be polished as well. Go very slowly and don't remove any more than any grinding marks. Also make sure you follow the factory profile and keep the sharp corners sharp.
    Thanks for the tip, I might go for a brass trigger and could polish the screw tips before fitting, what do you think, are brass triggers worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I might go for a brass trigger and could polish the screw tips before fitting, what do you think, are brass triggers worth buying?
    It can also be the opposite end of the sear In the pic I found on one of mine the sear surface is shocking!! But be carful in this area polishing/removing or altering the dimensions it could cause a dangerous trigger and very a bad day!!!they are case hardened also so don't go mad on them as they will wear prematurely and fail atb tt

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Just a bling thing with the gold colored triggers. I like to profile the face of the factory aluminum blade to make it wider and thinner. You can file a bias to the left or right as well. I sand down to 2000 grit and then polish it to an almost chrome look.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    You were right the screw tips thanks, but I didn't take your advice about brass triggers I went a bought one

I am now satisfied I know that I could have polished the factory trigger screws but I don't regret getting the custom trigger

Looks smart Barry, the grub screws in the original one are off centre by the looks of things.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer