Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being indifferent about a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I would think that 99% of members think far more of their guns than just a tool

Much more passion and enthusiasm for their guns as things to own than they do for their spanners
    Totally agree, funnily enough I don't feel the same way for my ISP Spartan as my dewalt screw gun I use at work

I stupidly sold my hw100 with titanium cylinder and I have regretted it ever ding I have done this twice now so bare with it you will find it hard to get over if you sold it on

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I would think that 99% of members think far more of their guns than just a tool

Much more passion and enthusiasm for their guns as things to own than they do for their spanners
    Well of course that depends on how much enthusiasm you have for quality spanners, (or tools in general)

I know the feeling.
    Or to put it another way:
    " I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure...."
    So much to do - so little time........

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Fit a front vertical pistol grip. Transforms standing shots.
    Hello, any link to one ??

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I had a 101 Nick and thats one I do regret selling. Similar issues to the 100 but just edged into the "like" bracket with single shot and the huge loading tray.
    Hated the beech TH stock with a passion though. Awful for repeated standing shots and gave me a callous at the base of my thumb after a hard nights ratting.
    If I could have found a 100 sporter stock for it, I'd probably still have that one now.
    Ironically Rob I’ve just purchased another

With the fister so called Thumbhole stock which is ruddy awful

Thumb through doesn’t even put my thumb in the right place awful for freehand but as you mentioned when BR or off a bipod a different game.

The Sporter stock always been my preferred choice as well might even look at possibly swapping the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    That sounds identical to my own thoughts and experiences with the 100 Rob

I must have tried near on a dozen of them in all guises from full lengths to carbines even dabbled with a super rare 101 as I still prefer dedicated single shots even tried the Sporter and Thumbhole stocks but just don’t seem to fit right or even gel with them.

Ironically at least 50% of them have also either leaked or needed the reg setting up correctly

I’ve never been a fan of the split block or the barrel band either and usually much prefer a proper floating barrel.

I once had one years ago where the factory silencer wouldn’t unscrew left the threaded cap in situ and a previous owner tried that hard to remove it that it spun the barrel on the grubscrews

I know many that swear by them and I can sort of see why as they do have positive points but it’s one of those odd pcps that on paper look ace but in reality too many boxes are unticked for me personally.

I even tried multiple 110’s but although a totally different rifle same again with some similar aspects.
    Well I never learn

New inbound and same old shizzle.

TH Stock is ergonomically awful.

It’s not a leaker for once shock horror but I certainly feel the reg needs some adjusting it’s been sat unused for years so it will be setup correctly and a full service and tickle on its way.

And it’s another barrel spinner

Meh…… it will keep me entertained for the interim

i could never get away with my 100 kt

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

Thumb through doesn’t even put my thumb in the right place awful for freehand but as you mentioned when BR or off a bipod a different game.

The Sporter stock always been my preferred choice as well might even look at possibly swapping the stock.

TH Stock is ergonomically awful.
    I was indifferent to my HW100S - in fact I didn't take it out of the cupboard for nearly two years. But then I acquired a standard HW thumbhole stock, which fits me perfectly and feels great without any mods or adjustments at all. Now I love it and often use it in preference to my highly adjustable Steyr!

Just goes to show how different we all are

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    This is a new one on me, as I either love or hate them.

Then I bought a HW100K.

Its got so many things going for it, but surprisingly a similar number of negatives (for me).

The plus side:
    Its accurate, consistent and has the shot count I'm happy with. In itself, with a titanium cylinder, not really too heavy either.

The down sides:
    Possibly one of the worst handling rifles, I've ever owned.
    Stock ergonomics are awful
    Though not too heavy in itself, it feels really front heavy, even with the Ti cylinder.

If I was a club / bench shooter, I'd absolutely love it, but I'm not.
    I shoot for pest control and take 99% of my shots, if not more, from a standing unsupported position.

I'd love to get rid of it, but similarly can't face selling it.

A first world problem really, but a real one for me.
    Easy fix have a stock made for you,my steyr h5 has a similar cricket bat for a stock,had one made,transforms the rifle

I sold my original HW100 to a guy in Poland at one of the World Champs.

I had taken my Steyr for FT and the 100 for HFT.

The polish guy had his gun fail on the zero range so I lent him my 100 and I swapped to the Steyr and the FT course.

He came off with a PB and wanted to buy the gun on the spot for a silly amount of money.

I saw the passion in his eyes so I sold it as I knew it would be cherished and I took a sensible sum off him.

I bought an air wolf and whilst it was a quiet rifle, I grew to diskike it. I sold it and bought another 100 which I still have.

Its heavily modified and Ratworked too and its going nowhere.

There is no perfect rifle. Only rifles that work for you.

I view a rifle as a tool. But as we all know, some tools DO THE JOB.... nuff said.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    Easy fix have a stock made for you,my steyr h5 has a similar cricket bat for a stock,had one made,transforms the rifle
    Can't stand the thought of spending any more money on it to be honest.
    Though I'm 100% sure a CS500 would sort it ergonomically for me. I have a few rifles with CS stocks and they really suit me.

I just have no love for the 100. I should really get my head round to selling it, especially as I have a regal in the cabinet that I do like and fits me perfectly.
    B.A.S.C. member

I offer £ 100 for your 100. Bettervgun than the Regal 💋💋💋
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill