Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of Venom HW77k

If you are a shooter you just want a sweet shooting, pellet on pellet, rifle. A Stage 1 that can deliver that is plenty great, and worth having.
    Heck, I'd prefer an older rifle that delivers than a new rifle that twangs and bangs that doesn't.
    I think the point being made is that a Venom sticker doesn't mean open cheque book price, but still holds value if sweet shooting.
    When moving on a good rifle you just want it to find a good home at a respectful price. There are a few here that would enjoy the fact it is a Venom Stage 1, and most importantly get joy from shooting such an example. Adds to the interest, and to the hobby.
    What fun.

Papers don't often come with rifle that were bought: "its to shoot rats in the farmyard". Rifles that were put together to be used, and used. Not to collect to look great in the cabinet.

Venom 77K

I see there are a couple on guntrader for sale. At £1900 each I think they maybe there awhile? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I see there are a couple on guntrader for sale. At £1900 each I think they maybe there awhile? Mach 1.5
    Think I’ve well and truly missed the boat

Soon be up there with exotic Ferraris, Astons and e-types

Can someone rewind the clocks please

Venom

You can ask Nick but doesn't mean the seller will get that price, hence still being there after a few weeks. Mach 1.5

What really is a Venom? The work done almost doubled the price of the factory rifle they were based on, well at least half more. For similar amount then you could buy a Theoben. Their full works were more than a Theoben.
    Similar work can still be done. Heck, much of the pioneering work can be found in a Air Arms. For a price a replica could be done.
    Few bought them then because they were expensive. Those without the funds found other ways to get very similar results. Time moves on and the nostalgia kicks in to give a premium desirability, but also makes them technologically dated. All our old kit is dated now.

They are interesting, but there is a limit to the premium they are likely to demand. They do demand a premium as they are a bit of air rifle history, of a certain time. However, the market is only so big, and there is competition from other rather tasty other rifles out there.
    A fully worked, full laser guided blinged up example is always going to demand a whole lot more than a pretty standard factory example that has only been breathed over to Stage 1 tune. I just don't think the market will get that silly as there is quite a few other ways to scratch the nostalgia itch.

If anyone buys it and I'm around, I'd be more than happy to shoot it, just too make sure its fine

Quote Originally Posted by Moss74 View Post
    There's probably a few more eyes watching this than you would think,
    You might have half the money with the scope and mount.
    As earlier post's have said, start high.
    See what happens.
    Martin
    When I said start high I didn't mean that high!
    Give it a week and knock 50 quid off,
    I'm not thinking of buying it

Martin

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Like anything where the cachet adds significant value, I'd want to see proof of any 'Venom' work.
    I know of a stickered 77 with what looks like a TbT kit fitted and who remembers Clarkson and his Maserati Merak SS where he found a receipt for two 'SS' badges in the glove box...
    Especially as I've seen repro Venom stickers for sale on the Web.

BTW not suggesting the OP's is anything but as described... but to get the best price, I think the onus is one the seller to prove it's provenance in absence of paperwork.