Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of Venom HW77k

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Value of Venom HW77k

I would really appreciate any help with a value of a Venom tuned HW77k ( .177 )and period Kasnar scope. I got this a while back from the original owner, who sent if off for a Venom tune, as well as their cocking grip and revised muzzle break/ catch. It is in very good used condition, some odd minor surface marks and shoots very smoothly indeed still. Scope is their 3-9 AO wide angle with the "TV Screen" view, sitting in a 1 piece mount. Venom sticker still looks to be good tucked under the scope. Serial number is 1033560, so about 1986 I think.
    It is unfortunately just sitting in the cupboard and I really can't see me getting to enjoy it.

Thanks folks in advance!

Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Venom 77K

Nice example with period scope and a nice contour mount. Don't see many with the muzzle break. £495. Mach 1.5

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. It is a lovely thing.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. It is a lovely thing.
    Is the scope marked Venom or Kassner and by chance did you get any paper work to back up it's pedigree ?
    Hw77+7

The scope is marked Kassnar as per the pic, and he didn't have the paperwork still, so just what is in front of me as per the pics. I am assuming it is a tune rather than any sort of full internal conversion etc, not sure around the dates for them back in the day

Venom

Hi,that's a nice old girl, as there is always people waiting for a nice old venom,£550 is not a crazy price,esp with the scope/mount,if i was still buying rifles, i'd pay that,no probs,good luck.

Please clear some PM space.
    Thanks, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Please clear some PM space.
    Thanks, Craig
    Done, hadn't realised it had filled up

I too don't think its a north of £500 rifle; just not pretty enough. Thats with the Kassnar.
    Very much a Venom, though not a fully worked prestige one, so going to be desirable but not open chequebook desirable. Plenty of people would love shooting it just to see how an original tune feels like. Its also well used and nice; not a minter, deeply blued gorgeous thing.
    I'm sure a pleasure to own.

If you do not really want to part with it stick a high price on it and see if any takers.
    Reduce as necessary until it reaches market value.
    Going by the valuations on the thread it has given you an idea what some would pay. If you feel it is worth more ask more for it.

There's probably a few more eyes watching this than you would think,
    You might have half the money with the scope and mount.
    As earlier post's have said, start high.
    See what happens.
    Martin

Bear in mind that it is very possible to 'kill' an attempted sale stone dead by starting too high. The problem with buying a tuned rifle-particularly a Venom one is that without taking it apart there is no way of knowing what work was actually done. Even with the paperwork this is the case although clearly paperwork helps a lot. I have experience of this: I once advised a potential buyer of a SFS Banshee-every bit as good as a lazaglide in my view although not as desirable or expensive. The rifle actually had an engraved barrel with 'Banshee' in gold coloured inlay but when I shot it it felt like a factory standard action which was confirmed by taking it apart. 'Someone' had clearly swapped barrels and actions and had retained an anonymous barrel with a fully tuned Banshee action. The only word to describe that was fraud.
    To add to the minefield of selling and buying Venom guns I personally own a rifle which was allegedly a Venom tuned item. It shot really well and I genuinely thought was highly desirable. I offered it to a friend on this forum and he was very interested in buying it. However, in the absence of paperwork, he very sensibly asked me to take it apart and give him a full rundown on what I found. This I was happy to do as I was asking a lot of money for this item. On taking it apart I found that it was 'tuned' but there was no sign of anything Venom in the internals. I was disappointed as was my friend but I fully understood that it wasn't what he expected or wanted so I still have it to this day and enjoy shooting it. However I do not delude myself that it is a Venom tuned gun.
    In summary-to a potential buyer be careful especially without paperwork and to the OP-good luck with your sale. It does look lovely.,
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I agree with the above.
    This example has a standard factory stock, and its not even a particularly nice one which occasionally turn up. It has standard factory bluing so no full Venom rework. No bling trigger or anything else to give it jaz.
    A sticker doesn't add much as these are about.
    The front catch is nice and adds interest. I think quite an early one as they did neater ones later.
    So the rest is in the tune and Venom did some very basic tunes in the day. Nothing much more than many on here would do. Maybe they did a bit more but I suspect its not the full works.
    The scope and mounts are £100 to the value being period, has parallax, and a good choice. The Betas were quite pricy in their day, though no better than say an Optima.

Again, just not an open chequebook example. Fun though. £500 fun I think is plenty.
    I don't collect them.

Thanks folks. I've said from the outset that as far as I know this is a tune, not full internal conversion and again, as mentioned, does have minor marks etc from being enjoyed. I didn't see it as a mega money setup and am more than happy with the suggested values which seem generally to be similar ball park. Always appreciate the info

Venom 77K

The Venom sticker indicates a stage 1 tune, let's call it. If the action had a lazaglide sticker attached then this would be the full works. I have both and some of my stage 1's shoot as nice as the full fat tune. And no I don't have the venom tag or paper work as some folks call it with mine either. Mach 1.5