Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

Finally, I have some news.

After some 10 years of research, writing, editing, photographing and lately formatting, this publication is currently being printed.

Across three major sections and its 30 chapters, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle studies the numerous models and variations of BSA air rifles that were manufactured between 1905 and 1939, and will allow an owner to identify their particular model. In addition to the rifles themselves, accessories and sighting systems are examined in detail. Using many contemporary images, some of which have never been published before, together with full colour images of surviving rifles and their features, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle also includes a detailed study of the BSA Air Rifle’s role in organised airgun target shooting. Intended for owners and collectors, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in this classic British design and the social history aspect of its use.

Here's a sneak peak:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o8BApuVc7FuQKMKY6

I will have the first batch in time for a launch at Kempton Park on Sunday 12th December and will be able to provide signed copies for anyone that wants one.

As the first batch may be limited, Kempton attendees will be prioritised as I need to ensure there will be sufficient stocks available for the fair.

After Kempton, the remaining books will be made available through mail order by Protek Supplies of Bognor Regis. Protek can accept telephone orders, Paypal or bank transfer and can send out orders a lot quicker than I can over weekends and evenings (as I have a demanding day job!). Protek can also accept international orders.

Copies will also be available at arms fairs from Tim Dyson Airguns and JC Militaria.

This is an 'old school' hardback book, so before anyone asks, no it will not be available on kindle or through Amazon! The price will be £49.95.

Thank you all for your patience. We are nearly there!

John Milewski
    Last edited by Josie & John; 23-11-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: further info added
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Please put my name on one John. I shall be at Kempton.

Cheers

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The book

Hi John, yes please a copy for me, collect at Kempton.

Many thanks for persevering with the project, can't wait for a read.

atb Carl

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Hi John. Yes! I will make it to Kempton on the 12th. Congrats on completion.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I'll see you at Kempton.

The sample copy I showed people at Brum today seemed to go down well, so hopefully the book will be of interest to collectors

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Awesome hope you have some left for mail order! Congrates

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Put me down for one too please John and Dave will collect it for me.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi John, it's been a long time coming. but it looks just great l am sure it will worth the wait and at a good price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Awesome hope you have some left for mail order! Congrates
    No problem Steve. There will be enough to go round and I have the option of printing more if need be.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Put me down for one too please John and Dave will collect it for me.
    Shouldn't be a problem Harvey. I don't want to take any money yet but if you can arrange for Dave to pay on the day, there will be a copy for you. I hate holding on to others' money unless I physically have the item I'm selling in my possession!

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem Harvey. I don't want to take any money yet but if you can arrange for Dave to pay on the day, there will be a copy for you. I hate holding on to others' money unless I physically have the item I'm selling in my possession!

Kind regards,

John
    No problem, I'll give him the readies beforehand

Hi john

Please include me for a copy, I will be at Kempton

Regards Bob

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Great news,well done John a fantastic achievement I will be making a beeline for you at Kempton Atb,Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Great news,well done John a fantastic achievement I will be making a beeline for you at Kempton Atb,Phil
    I think I'm going to be close to the entrance along with Paul O'Donnell and Andy Draper.

Can't wait!

John

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Finally, I have some news.

After some 10 years of research, writing and lately formatting, this publication is currently being printed.

Across three major sections and its 30 chapters, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle studies the numerous models and variations of BSA air rifles that were manufactured between 1905 and 1939, and will allow an owner to identify their particular model. In addition to the rifles themselves, accessories and sighting systems are examined in detail. Using many contemporary images, some of which have never been published before, together with full colour images of surviving rifles and their features, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle also includes a detailed study of the BSA Air Rifle’s role in organised airgun target shooting. Intended for owners and collectors, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in this classic British design and the social history aspect of its use.

Here's a sneak peak:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o8BApuVc7FuQKMKY6

I will have the first batch in time for a launch at Kempton Park on Sunday 12th December and will be able to provide signed copies for anyone that wants one.

As the first batch may be limited, Kempton attendees will be prioritised as I need to ensure there will be sufficient stocks available for the fair.

After Kempton, the remaining books will be made available through mail order by Protek Supplies of Bognor Regis. Protek can accept Paypal or bank transfer and can send out orders a lot quicker than I can over weekends and evenings (as I have a demanding day job!). Copies will also be available at arms fairs from Tim Dyson Airguns and JC Militaria.

This is an 'old school' hardback book, so before anyone asks, no it will not be available on kindle or through Amazon! The price will be £49.95.

Thank you all for your patience. We are nearly there!

John Milewski
    Congratulations, John! Incredible you had the determination and stamina to complete such a mammoth project in your spare time. All of us who love BSAs greatly appreciate you seeing it through.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.