Thread: New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

Finally, I have some news.

After some 10 years of research, writing, editing, photographing and lately formatting, this publication is currently being printed.

Across three major sections and its 30 chapters, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle studies the numerous models and variations of BSA air rifles that were manufactured between 1905 and 1939, and will allow an owner to identify their particular model. In addition to the rifles themselves, accessories and sighting systems are examined in detail. Using many contemporary images, some of which have never been published before, together with full colour images of surviving rifles and their features, The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle also includes a detailed study of the BSA Air Rifle’s role in organised airgun target shooting. Intended for owners and collectors, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in this classic British design and the social history aspect of its use.

Here's a sneak peak:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o8BApuVc7FuQKMKY6

I will have the first batch in time for a launch at Kempton Park on Sunday 12th December and will be able to provide signed copies for anyone that wants one.

As the first batch may be limited, Kempton attendees will be prioritised as I need to ensure there will be sufficient stocks available for the fair.

After Kempton, the remaining books will be made available through mail order by Protek Supplies of Bognor Regis. Protek can accept telephone orders, Paypal or bank transfer and can send out orders a lot quicker than I can over weekends and evenings (as I have a demanding day job!). Protek can also accept international orders.

Copies will also be available at arms fairs from Tim Dyson Airguns and JC Militaria.

This is an 'old school' hardback book, so before anyone asks, no it will not be available on kindle or through Amazon! The price will be £49.95.

Thank you all for your patience. We are nearly there!

John Milewski
    Last edited by Josie & John; 23-11-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: further info added
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.