Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Agreed. I saw an early draft of John's BSA book and it was really excellent. A great achievement.
    Thank you Danny (and Binners),

I added a little since you saw a draft Danny and also expanded on the introduction following your advice some years ago.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Can't wait to read this, it will be the Vade Mecum of Bsa collecting
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Monge two Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Magnum Opus rather than Vade Mecum, surely?

The Book.

Magnum Opus. QED.

Now, now. This is my first attempt at a book, so I hope it meets expectations!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I look forward to seeing you both there Chris.

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John, is Kempton in the emmissions zone whatsit area please? , well out of touch with all that stuff!

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi John, is Kempton in the emmissions zone whatsit area please? , well out of touch with all that stuff!

ATB, Ed
    Nope. You can arrive in a coal fired traction engine if you like.
    Morally flawed

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Nope. You can arrive in a coal fired traction engine if you like.
    Thanks for that, it came up as in when I looked, although shown just outside on the map

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Thanks for that, it came up as in when I looked, although shown just outside on the map

ATB, Ed
    Must admit I have never thought about this Ed. We've always just driven up and driven back without a second thought!

Kind regards,

John

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Must admit I have never thought about this Ed. We've always just driven up and driven back without a second thought!

Kind regards,

John
    When I saw how far it now extends I was quite taken aback, it will be out to bleedin Swindon next

Seriously though, when I lived in Ash Vale and used to go to Bisley or Weybridge or Walton where the missus worked, and later to Bracknell where I worked at HRD for a year, in those days looking back (1983-99) it was so quiet and easy to get around, On a Sunday you could cruise in and park on the embankment and go for a walk, visit the Belfast or whatever, or we would often go up to Camden or sometimes Brick lane, always went in the car and just parked on the street somewhere.

I went back a couple of years ago (just pre Covid) to an ex workmates funeral near Ashford and when I said I was leaving the pub after a while to get back, everyone siad I should stay as it would be a car park outside....My God what a difference from when I used to commute in.

And that's before the having to negotiate imaginary boundries and pay extra.......are there warning signs or whatever, or can you just "stray" in and then get a letter much like a parking ticket?

ATB, Ed

Sorry I haven't commented until just now, John, but I have only just seen this.

The very best of luck, sir, although I'm sure that luck won't come into it and that the book will be a quality and worthy resource.

I won't be able to visit Kempton and funds are tight at the moment, but once I'm able to I'll buy a copy via Protek.

Off at a slight tangent......what an excellent read yet again this month on the Sussex Armoury sidelevers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry I haven't commented until just now, John, but I have only just seen this.

The very best of luck, sir, although I'm sure that luck won't come into it and that the book will be a quality and worthy resource.

I won't be able to visit Kempton and funds are tight at the moment, but once I'm able to I'll buy a copy via Protek.

Off at a slight tangent......what an excellent read yet again this month on the Sussex Armoury sidelevers.
    Thank you Tony - that is very kind.

We will have to meet up for a natter one day!

Kind regards,

John

I am sad that due to prior commitments I will not be at Kempton to see John launch his much welcomed new book.
    I have changed jobs but will hope to meet John and buy a signed copy in the near future.

I can now confirm I have taken delivery of the new book and there should be sufficient stocks available for Kempton for whoever wants one.

I'm delighted with the quality paper I opted for as it shows off the colour photos very nicely.

I look forward to seeing many of you there.

Kind regards,

John