Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet sizer?

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    As per RobF 's quote above, the size stated on JSB or Air arms tins has no bearing on the pellets in the tin.

If you buy 4.52 or 4.53 they are never any different in size and are all usually around 4.51. They differ in how they shoot only by batch and die number.
    Yep.

4.48 was the only size that I found consistently marked the head all the way around.

The skirt will flex back out to a larger size. No pellet we've tested, in any barrel, or any power plant, seals against the base of the grooves. What sizing can do is offer a consistency in roundness and size. If your gun doesn't like that, then it doesn't help. Sizing works in some guns, not in others.

But unless you're chasing benchrest accuracy then just getting a better batch is an easier shortcut, and even then some batches will surpassed a fettled pellet. And we are really talking about performance beyond 40 yds. At 25 they should all go through the same hole to start with.

T R robb Sizer

The only drawback I see with this sizer is that it will mark the front of the pellet when it hits the stop, knowing you bench rest boys are ocd about pellets I would try another route, best of luck or try Qys

I went for the Fentons 4.51.
    Old Crosman Accupells sized with it gave some really good accuracy out of my TX .
    Not a mega difference , but noticibly tighter at 45yds off the bench and easier on the thumb.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin