Thread: Someone showed me their ZVP Air Pistol earlier today.

Someone showed me their ZVP Air Pistol earlier today.

Someone showed me their ZVP Air Pistol earlier today. Not really a notable thing to comment on except for the condition it was in and it's age. From memory they were last made 50 or so years ago ? and were very low cost at the time. This one doesn't ooze quality but I was impressed with it's condition as in my opinion most owners wouldn't have spared too much effort in looking after it. So a question for you all : do they all look good for their age, and do they have any value ? Looking at it (in spite of it's "well preserved" condition compared to new) I'd have said that £50 was a lot to pay for it, am I anywhere near the mark ? Either way, just for interests sake I'd appreciate a few other opinions regarding the ZVP.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

I think they were made from roughly the late 50s to the early 70s.

Depending on condition, £50 doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

I have a couple of these. £50 is about right for a very good condition one, however if it’s mint and especially if it’s boxed…. then you could pay anything up to £75 or even more. In Slovakia and the Czech Republic, they can fetch considerably more.

**I should add, I’ve had mine a while and neither were mint. I paid between £25-40 for each of them**
    CZ 200T/200 S Hunter/200 S Green/Slavia ZVP/612/614/615/618/620/622/624/625/627/630/631/634/ZVS Perun 734/CZ236-1/Tex3/86/Brno ZII/ZV3/ZV4/VZ47/APP661/Relum/Mars 618/Stella 518/Predom 188/170/Yunker 1/2/Lov21/Baikal IJ22/IJ38/Vostok/IZH61/IZH53M/MP512M/MP654K/MP661K

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Definitely worth £50. When you look at the price of current plastic/monkey metal guns, guns like these with machined solid steel construction and real bluing are a bargain.

Mine is very accurate and well made. Am I correct in thinking they are effectively a copy of a Diana design?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Mine is very accurate and well made. Am I correct in thinking they are effectively a copy of a Diana design?
    Rich.
    Yes, the pre-war Diana model 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, the pre-war Diana model 5.
    Thanks for confirming.

Thanks for the replies to date, the ZVP has now gone up a little bit in my opinion (but still not something that I'd want to keep in my collection for too long as bit by bit it's all got to go sometime in the near future)

Vic Thompson.

50 is a fair price

hi vic,…hope your well!

you sold one to me many years ago if you remember ? not allot of blueing left on the action but i still have it and quite like the build quality to be fair

Daniel
    my 2 in 1 self resetting HFT training/plinking metal targets for sale in brand new items section

Obviously these items have got a following and its just possible that a friend of mine might have it on his table at the next Kempton Park Arms Fair. If so I'll be interested to see what anyone that sees it in person thinks of it.

Vic Thompson.

This thread has inspired me to dig mine out for a strip, clean and relube. It really is a lovely little pistol inside and out. Mine was a bit gummed up with congealed lube and lack of recent use. I look forward to shooting her when my servicing is done.

I think I will need a new breach seal or possibly to reseat the existing one?
    Rich.