Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annealing on a budget.......

Thanks Severnsider... yes, I love shooting in the US, using "real" guns for a change...

What kind of design you going for? Please post pics of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    What kind of design you going for? Please post pics of progress.
    I'll try and post pictures..... I've not had much success in the past but can bung them onto a website with a link for you. I'm copying Daryll's design so I've bought the same motors, spindle adaptors, proximity sensors and speed controller used by him (although the motors are coming from China, the other bits have already arrived). I'll use Delrin (rather than wood) for the case "picker-upper" and probably aluminium sheet (rather than plywood) for the main frame. Hope to make a start next week. £60 so far but I doubt it will cost any more than £80 altogether.

Sounds good Severnsider... keep us informed.... I'll give any help I can.

One thing will be to play with the angle of the whole thing... I found that if it was too upright the cases would roll off between the "picker-upper" and the cake tin... you'll need some trial and error..

Daryll.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Sounds good Severnsider... keep us informed.... I'll give any help I can.

One thing will be to play with the angle of the whole thing... I found that if it was too upright the cases would roll off between the "picker-upper" and the cake tin... you'll need some trial and error..

Daryll.
    OK, thanks Daryll. Perhaps I'll make it up with plywood or MDF before i get stuck into aluminium!

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Looked at various ideas for home-made annealing devices but have been drawn to two "ready made" items, namely something from "Reloader Brass" (Bulgaria) or something from "Caselife" (UK). Does anybody on here have any experience of either, and if so of any pitfalls/shortcomings encountered please? The Caselife item is priced a little lower than the Reloader item, but the latter looks as though it may be a little more robust?
    It's so easy to anneal just the neck that's it watch the colour of the flame and the colour of the case. Bucket of water and a cheap cordless drill and that's it it gives longer brass life millions of u tube videos don't spend a penny you probably already have the equipment