Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Conman: The ratcatcher

Recently purchased brocock ranger XR from this chap, finally got around to trying it today.

It is all over the place shooting like a shotgun at 15 yards, I have tried two different scopes, 3 moderators and still getting shotgun patterns AT 15 yards!

On contacting THE RATCATCHER and telling him I’m not happy and would like a refund his reply is no, and according to him, I could have done anything to it , yeah ok..

Obviously someone knew there was a problem before sending it out.

I am contacting the police I have all his details for the fraud team aswell, can anyone give me some tips on what else I can do, apart from going down to his house and ��. I’m not giving in on 900 quid, I’m determined to get my cash back.

Strangely before when I asked to purchase it he changed his mind and asked for me to pay via bank tranfer.. obviously so it wasn’t as easy to claim my cash back once I got it and found the fault hmmm ��

Cheers

What I will add is the rifle is less than 48hrs old.
    It arrived Tuesday. I purchased it through the back and it is a present for my young boy who is showing interest in shooting, only to be treated like this by another member who clearly knew something was not correct with the gun.

From his reply’s which are very suspicious

Firstly mate im not sticking up for anyone !!!! But have you cleaned the barrel? tired a few different pellets ? and different fill pressures just in case that is causing any probs? shoot a pellet into a soft rolled up cloth and then look at it for any damage to the skirt etc--I hope you get it sorted ATB

Hi

Yes I contacted the seller. He told me to try a different scope which I have, I have cleaned the barrel

Thanks

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    If you want to pass communication on to me, I'll have a look. There are limits as to what we can do and there is always two sides to a story.

Happy to look though and help if possible.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

It landed here on Tuesday I then had work, I was in work yesterday and today I have tried it to find the above problems mentioned!

Unfortunately it isn’t working as it should and the buyer has outright refused to refund me, saying that he isn’t a shop and that for all he knows I could have done something to it! It is less than 48hrs old. I can’t afford to loose £900 like the next man but I’m not giving in on this I want my cash back my boy is 10 years old and will not have a Christmas present as I spent my cash on this for him and it is not fit for purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    It landed here on Tuesday I then had work, I was in work yesterday and today I have tried it to find the above problems mentioned!

Unfortunately it isn’t working as it should and the buyer has outright refused to refund me, saying that he isn’t a shop and that for all he knows I could have done something to it! It is less than 48hrs old. I can’t afford to loose £900 like the next man but I’m not giving in on this I want my cash back my boy is 10 years old and will not have a Christmas present as I spent my cash on this for him and it is not fit for purpose
    Looking at the add mate it says that the gun is only a few weeks old? surly it will be under guarantee?? if its genuine only weeks old the description says its mint and pics look well as Dave has asked for info ----very strange as the seller has bean on here a while

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Looking at the add mate it says that the gun is only a few weeks old? surly it will be under guarantee?? if its genuine only weeks old the description says its mint and pics look well as Dave has asked for info ----very strange as the seller has bean on here a while
    It was claimed it was a few weeks in the add. I received it and it is 4 Months old.

As said above, I've seen cleaning the barrel carefully with a pull through dramatically improve consistency.

Also, have you had it over a chrono, a string of ten or so shots would be useful.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    if you tap the barrel does it make any rattling noises at all?

could be loose baffle or the shroud centralising device could be out of alignment?

As mentioned above barrel was clean a number of scopes have been tried plus 3 different moderators inc the gun without a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    if you tap the barrel does it make any rattling noises at all?

could be loose baffle or the shroud centralising device could be out of alignment?
    The barrel is shroud at this point I’m not willing to remove shroud and tamper with anything. I just want my refund

I took the rifle out of the box, shot it and found that it wasn’t working as it should. Remember I’ve had this rifle less than 48hrs and only tried it today, it is a shotgun at 15 yards

The seller isn’t responding he’s completely shutdown

Looks like I will be contacting the police/crime fraud team which is no odds to me.

I have received messages from both buyer and seller. Am waiting for further response from the seller. This isn't going to be easy to resolve from the forum's point of view. I would advise though that if the police are contacted, the moderators can have no further involvement, it will become a police matter. I have no axe to grind either way, just advising.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I have received messages from both buyer and seller. Am waiting for further response from the seller. This isn't going to be easy to resolve from the forum's point of view. I would advise though that if the police are contacted, the moderators can have no further involvement, it will become a police matter. I have no axe to grind either way, just advising.

Dave
    I have not contacted the police (yet) or bank fraud team, I will if it comes to it as I’m not one to give up easy when someone rips me off

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    It was claimed it was a few weeks in the add. I received it and it is 4 Months old.
    If the rifle is only 4 months old, it should still be under guarantee. Even if the guarantee is limited to first purchaser, he should be able to get it sorted for you.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404