Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    Sorry for those who are interested in the ending to this.
    I’ve not been able to get online.

The ranger XR was picked up by Brocock and returned 2 weeks ago, the rifle was checked and finished with full list of what had been checked, the fault was found with the magazine.

Brocock provided a brand new magazine with the rifle!

I had tested it and it is returning 45 shots and shooting extremely accurate at 30 yards
    My boy will be over the moon with his Ranger XR! I can not wait to see his face on Christmas Day

Brocock Ltd have been absolutely brilliant, they arranged picked up and returned delivery to my door and provided tracking! I can not thank them enough

Unbeaten customer care

Merry Christmas all
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Great news and well done brocock
    It would be cool if we , the airgunbbs, could run an end if year vote for top 10 suppliers, manufacturers etc.. and send the winner a nice airgunbbs branded card.. it's good to let these people know that large groups of enthusiasts appreciate what they do. And long may it continue

Brilliant result and service.
    And a top idea from Donald - that wouldn't just give manufacturer's the credit they deserve but also give the BBS some further recognition.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

A great outcome. Merry Christmas everyone, especially those at Brocock. Awesome customer service.

Dan

good result from Brocock sorting it and to think it was a bad mag and nothing on the actual gun was faulty

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Brilliant result and service.
    And a top idea from Donald - that wouldn't just give manufacturer's the credit they deserve but also give the BBS some further recognition.
    Exactly what I was thinking Craig.. like it or not, we as a collective on here are probably one of, if not, the UK's very best resource for knowledge. 😁 manufacturers and suppliers need to recognise us, just as we recognise them.
    A little card at Christmas time or the new year, acknowledging their excellent service, to we, the people, I'm sure would be greatly received and let them know we appreciate their continued good service.
    Donald

a very good happy ending.

Could it of been the loading of the magazine or the actual pellets that was causing the problem, which would have given the seller a ' get out of jail ' card ? Just thinking like.

An excellent and happy outcome; well done Brocock.

And I hope the young man is made up with it tomorrow.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Could it of been the loading of the magazine or the actual pellets that was causing the problem, which would have given the seller a ' get out of jail ' card ? Just thinking like.
    I'm on great terms with my local RFD/shop. I've known the owner for over 30 years. In all the time they have been sending guns back under warranty, its usually the simplest excuse they give for malfunctions. If they had a recurring issue on a model of their guns, they wont want it publicizing. So it normally comes back as a "magazine problem"

Out of warranty is a different story......

In this particular case I'd say hats off to Brocock for getting it sorted, I'm not sure whether they are liable for the warranty on an item sold on by someone not trading as a shop, but as far as I'm concerned its a bit of a moot point.

As for Mr Ratty, he should quite frankly be ashamed of himself. He sold on a faulty gun and then ran away leaving the vendor to pick up the pieces.

I hope Brocock get some extra trade on the back of this.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Well? Was the boy chuffed or was the boy chuffed? Merry christmas!
    Donald

My boy was over the moon and all thanks to the great guys at Brocock!

The mag had issues, one thing I did notice was the drum inside slightly and I mean ever so slightly could be seen in the first hole through the front of the mag plate? The new mag that Brocock sent does not have that, I can’t see it, just a clear hole where pellet goes!

I tried it once it got back (before it was wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree) absolute laser beam!
    Not pellet fussy in any shape or form, v v nice trigger, beautiful size (compact and then some) it handles brilliantly and can be carried all day, it weighs nothing!

In fact im thinking about letting one of mine go and getting a ranger for myself in 22cal!

ATB.

Unfortunately it looks like we are back to square one again with the accuracy, it was fine up until Friday and now has gone back to shotgun patterns, this is extremely frustrating to say the least!

I have cleaned the barrel which has had no effect (still shotgun patterns) I will try the single shot tray to see what’s happening with that and report back here my findings.

Sorry to hear this,let's hope brocock come to rhe rescue once again. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like we are back to square one again with the accuracy, it was fine up until Friday and now has gone back to shotgun patterns,
    I think most of us airgun shooters have had some experience of the ' shotgun ' effect. I recall a loose grub screw on a push on silencer was the cause on one of mine.
    However, I'm not suggesting eating humble pie but, maybe The Ratcatcher was not to blame after all ?

i was thinking the same halfway through the thread
    it still doesn't address the other points that were mentioned about him

He had the chance to speak up,wonder if he's on mewe now?.atb mick