Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i was thinking the same halfway through the thread
    it still doesn't address the other points that were mentioned about him
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    He had the chance to speak up,wonder if he's on mewe now?.atb mick
    What other points ?

He did speak with the buyer at the start and with a mod at some point.

IF he shot the rifle & it was pin point, sold it & suddenly the buyer says it's shotgun, then he might assume it's the buyer trying something on.
    He stuck to his principle, that it was fine & refused a refund, which he was not obliged under law to provide as a private seller.

As for "he should offer to send it back under warranty", he might not have been the original buyer and therefore not able to do so,

Because he then didn't come on to the forum for a few days he lost sales access & was then banned, again without having been back on
    Which probably looked to him that the mods had sided with the buyer.

If he was only a member to buy & sell, then once he lost sales access he would be gone anyway,

But it looks like he was noticed because the rifle has a recurring issue.

I'll just add it should also show the buyer that the seller was not a conman, & maybe it was fine when he sent it.
    Last edited by angrybear; 03-01-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Sorry to hear this,let's hope brocock come to rhe rescue once again. Atb mick
    It seems they are closed until the 10th January.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    What other points ?

IF he shot the rifle & it was pin point, sold it & suddenly the buyer says it's shotgun, then he might assume it's the buyer trying something on.
    He stuck to his principle, that it was fine & refused a refund, which he was not obliged under law to provide as a private seller.

As for "he should offer to send it back under warranty", he might not have been the original buyer and therefore not able to do so,

Because he then didn't come on to the forum for a few days he lost sales access & was then banned, again without having been back on

If he was only a member to buy & sell, then once he lost sales access he would be gone anyway,

I'll just add it should also show the buyer that the seller was not a conman, & maybe it was fine when he sent it.
    the other point was that he was just trading on here and for what it's worth i agree in that he had possible shot it and it was fine so being told it was not shooting right was taken as user error or buyer tryin g it on

So has this post encouraged people to buy Brococks ??

I like the idea of 'Best companies' who sort stuff out ..
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

What other points ?

Toy agree with this post. But nowhere does it leave Brocock?
    They were good enough to try & rectify the problem free of charge.
    But now the op's son has at the moment a Christmas present that is no good.
    What are his options now. As he said himself using the single loader,or is there a problem with the magazine.
    Possibly the original owner offloaded it because of this problem. So somewhere Ratcatcher has ended up with a bargain that possibly was ok with a magazine full of pellets through.
    Maybe if the op could find someone at a local club to see if by using a different magazine may solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Thamesides View Post
    Toy agree with this post. But now where does it leave Brocock?
    They were good enough to try & rectify the problem free of charge.
    But now the op's son has at the moment a Christmas present that is no good.
    What are his options now. As he said himself using the single loader,or is there a problem with the magazine.
    Possibly the original owner offloaded it because of this problem. So somewhere Ratcatcher has ended up with a bargain that possibly was ok with a magazine full of pellets through.
    Maybe if the op could find someone at a local club to see if by using a different magazine may solve the problem
    Well all Rativity can do is contact Brocock & say "thanks for fixing it, it was superb when we got it back, but unfortunately only x number of pellets & it's gone wrong again" and see what they say.

In this situation you have to realise that "legally" unless the warranty states it transfers with ownership, then it only applies to the original buyer, hence "buyer beware" with used items,
    So you rely on their goodwill to cover whatever is wrong, however with such a new gun I'd expect them to be keen to sort it permanently.

Does anyone know if it's a one off, or a known issue ?

Well all Rativity can do is contact Brocock & say "thanks for fixing it, it was superb when we got it back, but unfortunately only x number of pellets & it's gone wrong again" and see what they say.

In this situation you have to realise that "legally" unless the warranty states it transfers with ownership, then it only applies to the original buyer, hence "buyer beware" with used items,
    So you rely on their goodwill to cover whatever is wrong, however with such a new gun I'd expect them to be keen to sort it permanently.

Yes I to would contact brocock even if it's to see what they done to temporary fix it, My mate bough a brocock and not sure what model but it had 2 gages and a buddy bottle, Sure it was a bantam, At first it would only fill to about 120 bar then click and air would release, Then came accuracy problems and other things, He bought his from a shop in cardigan, West Wales, Due to covid and ongoing problems they took the gun back after warenty run out and he took out I believe a new hw100, There must be others who have had same problems , I would as above contact brocock even if it's for info, Chances are some chaps on the forums would be able to sort it out at a reasonable price, I'm sure once the gun is sorted out it will be a cracking gun, No doubt it's something small but causing big problems.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I have a brocock that is absolutely spot on with one mag and shotguns with another. At least five years old, maybe more.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I hope Brocock sort this out definitively. They should realise that goodwill is cheaper and more effective than expensive adverts in the comics.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I hope Brocock sort this out definitively. They should realise that goodwill is cheaper and more effective than expensive adverts in the comics.
    I think we need to be careful here as Brocock have already gone above and beyond their obligations as the manufacturer in this instance.

Certainly, it would be good of them to inspect it again but please remember, their time is money. The buyer took a risk with buying a used rifle and this can sometimes work out to be more expensive than originally anticipated (I speak from experience and accept this as a risk of buying used items).

Best of luck to the buyer - I hope the rifle is rectified to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I've just read this review, https://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/fea...w-mat-manning/
    Which states it's not a bench rest target rifle but also says about finger nail one hole groups.
    Let's have a recap. Seller sell rifle, buyer says there's something wrong, buyer gets rifle looked at by manufacturer who fixes the ' something wrong '. Buyer happy. Rifle goes wrong like when buyer got it first time in short time period. Buyer awaits for manufacturer to reopen after Christmas.
    With the vast knowledge of those on this forum, not including me, I know nothing, what could be causing this ? Is there a check list of where to start ? Is there a screw that's needs nipping up or whatever.
    The waiting game continues.

What was the outcome with the single shot tray ?
    That would at least narrow down whether it was a magazine or indexing fault.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    indeed. My money is it's mag related - either that or silencer clipping. Barring catastrophic physical damage, those are pretty well the only two ways a gun can go from accurate to shotgun - either my smahing up on the pellets on the way into the barrel, or smashing them as they leave.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    indeed. My money is it's mag related - either that or silencer clipping. Barring catastrophic physical damage, those are pretty well the only two ways a gun can go from accurate to shotgun - either my smahing up on the pellets on the way into the barrel, or smashing them as they leave.
    I've had barrels with slack spots do it before at long range (50m) but I think like you, either a mag or muzzle attachment is the usual root cause and they're the first things I remove if I can when troubleshooting.

Will have the answer to that tomorrow evening. I’ll update asap

Brocock are reopening on the 10th.