Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think the big problem with the seller was his unwillingness to persue the warranty claim himself, which as the origininal owner he could easily have done...

But the title of this thread is clearly misleading with what we know now.

Unfortunately, Jon.

With the Ratcatcher's unwillingness to try to correct the situation when contacted, I'm now wondering if the problem had already shown itself before he sold it.

Either way Ratcatcher would have lost sales access or been banned due to his high volume of sales whether there was an underlying problem with the gun or not.

I could change the thread tittle to "Conan the Ratcatcher" if you like --- it would look like a prequel to "Conan the Barbarian" then.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I could change the thread tittle to "Conan the Ratcatcher" if you like --- it would look like a prequel to "Conan the Barbarian" then
    I like it Mick
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Ok

It’s due back today. Spoke to there tec engineers and they are only supplied with two weights of pellets to use when testing so beyond those two types (med weight/heavy) there average accuracy results are between 14mm and 19mm overall and the rifles go out to the shops.

Very nice guy to talk to and answered all my questions.

The reg was slightly high giving 11.8 which explain why I was only getting mid 30ish shots (I tested the day before it was picked up) previously it was doing 40.

I was told 4 different barrels were tested and it seem to shoot the best with mine, so that was left on. Also getting slighter better groups with mag over tray.

So I don’t know really, I did say that I have tried all the pellets in my possession which is a variety of good quality brands, so will have to see what the target card looks like when it lands back today and go from there.

Atb chaps

One more thing, the was a problem when it first came back from Brocock they reported that the magazine wasn’t correct, this was right after ratcatcher sold it to me, people who are saying he didn’t know I’m not sure how you are coming to that conclusion, it was a shotgun right out the box from him, there is no way he wouldn’t have known.
    Last edited by Rativity; 04-02-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    One more thing, the was a problem when it first came back from Brocock they reported that the magazine wasn’t correct, this was right after ratcatcher sold it to me, people who are saying he didn’t know I’m not sure how you are coming to that conclusion, it was a shotgun right out the box from him, there is no way he wouldn’t have known.
    Playing devils advocate here, what if he only used the SSL or the pellets he used in the mag were the same as the two options Brocock used and shot acceptably when you returned it? If it's just the magazine issue, what about a CARM? It's got to be easier than messing about with returns, or as you now know what they shoot with, how about trying a few tins of them?

https://www.carm-magazines.com/magaz...ir-rifles.aspx

Presumably after the first repair, there was a point at which it went from Accurate back to inaccurate
    It's quite possible that when he last used it, it was just starting to go off & when you first used it the fault was more obvious, because we all expect a new gun to shoot well.

Have to say it sounds to me like they're a bit unsure of the issue, why are they faffing with different barrels if they know the problem is with the mag ?

Also 14mm-19mm groups at what test range ?
    I'd expect a manufacturer to have a fixed test jig & a .177 to be single hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon-One View Post
    Playing devils advocate here, what if he only used the SSL or the pellets he used in the mag were the same as the two options Brocock used and shot acceptably when you returned it? If it's just the magazine issue, what about a CARM? It's got to be easier than messing about with returns, or as you now know what they shoot with, how about trying a few tins of them?

https://www.carm-magazines.com/magaz...ir-rifles.aspx
    I’m not looking to get into any debates, when I sell an airgun I double triple check everything, others obviously don’t or it was sent out and he knew. That’s been dealt with now anyway, just for reference ,the ss tray was worse than the mag mate.

Anyway it is now back, and blistering with jsb heavies. The guys at brocock have been fantastic right the way this process, the test that came back today mentioned the valve has been replaced, and it’s has a huge test over the chronograph at there range and two card sent back with the results 40 shot group and a full multi shot chrono tests.

Thanks Brocock

I’m not looking to get into any debates, .....??

Anyway it is now back, and blistering with jsb heavies.
    Every time you, or your son, shoot this rifle, you won't be confident and waiting for something to go wrong. Single shot tray, magazine, valve, barrels and pellets ! There's something wrong. Count you losses, trade it in and buy a Weihrauch.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Every time you, or your son, shoot this rifle, you won't be confident and waiting for something to go wrong. Single shot tray, magazine, valve, barrels and pellets ! There's something wrong. Count you losses, trade it in and buy a Weihrauch.
    I understand what you mean. I’ve been through to much with it to part with it now and it is shooting tip top, hopefully it says like that.

I’ve had problems in past with another gun, more so that this omit went back to the manufacture under warranty and was there constantly (6) times! The last time I got it back it was like a different rifle, I sold that and regretted it, the buyer still has it now 8 years later and he absolutely loves it

I’ve got to say brococks after service that I have experienced is second to no one I have experienced before, they are brilliant, kept me upto date all the way through and the guy that I spoke to tec engineer was an absolute diamond geezer, he asked me to ring back and ask for him one I’ve had some time with the gun as he would appreciate an update on how it is going.

I’m taking my boy out with it tomorrow

Hope you have a great day, with your son. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Hope you have a great day, with your son. Atb mick
    Thanks a lot, he has been waiting patient bless him, we can’t wait mate!

I take it that you don't work for the Samaritans ?

That will be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, If the gun is now shooting fine after the recent problems then it should be easier to narrow down the fault if something happens again, I'm sure it will all work out in the end,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    That will be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, If the gun is now shooting fine after the recent problems then it should be easier to narrow down the fault if something happens again, I'm sure it will all work out in the end,
    Top man