Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Seller hasn't been on since same time last night.

Regardless of where the blame lies, I would expect more effort in trying to resolve the situation.

If I haven't heard anything from him by the end of the day, his sales access will be permanently removed.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Morning

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from the seller and he hasn't been back on the forum since.

I haven't given up, but at this point it looks unlikely that he's going to volunteer to assist with the solution.

To be entirely fair to both parties, from what has been written, it is impossible for forum moderators or members to determine where blame lies in this episode. It is regrettable though that help in resolving it hasn't been forthcoming from the seller. I must also state that things happen and he may simply not have been able to get on for a while.

The seller in question has enjoyed a huge amount of free advertising on this forum and has had significant benefit. This will of course now stop.

Anyway, moving forward, you will have to take whatever action you now feel appropriate. Please keep me updated if you have any joy or otherwise.

On the bright side, another member with some experience in this type of issue has offered to inspect your gun free of charge and advise you on a specific issue he feels may be the cause of the problem. This may help get your son his Christmas present on time, which would be some consolation. If you are interested in this offer, please let me know and I'll pass you his details.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Nice of a member to offer try sort it.atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    It was claimed it was a few weeks in the add. I received it and it is 4 Months old.
    If you know it is 4 months old, that suggests that you have either got the original receipt or the shop have confirmed when it was purchased.
    So I would be negotiating (without accusations) with both the shop manager and Brocock to either drive to the store (or have it returned) so that they can at least advise you what the issue is. However, based on the title of this thread, I suspect that you may have already burned your bridges with the store.
    Because, unfortunately, you don't stand a cat in hells chance of success in either a police claim (not going to happen) or a civil case, because unless the gun was received physically damaged (and immediately recorded/evidenced as such) you just cannot prove your case (or that you have not tampered with it yourself).

Atb
    Chris
    Last edited by Sir_SwampThing; 27-11-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    If you know it is 4 months old, that suggests that you have either got the original receipt or the shop have confirmed when it was purchased.
    So I would be negotiating (without accusations) with both the shop manager and Brocock to either drive to the store (or have it returned) so that they can at least advise you what the issue is. However, based on the title of this thread, I suspect that you may have already burned your bridges with the store.
    Because, unfortunately, you don't stand a cat in hells chance of success in either a police claim (not going to happen) or a civil case, because unless the gun was received physically damaged (and immediately recorded/evidenced as such) you just cannot prove your case (or that you have not tampered with it yourself).

Atb
    Chris
    A very good reply indeed.

i would take up the kind offer of a member inspecting the gun for you it could save you a lot of hassel,i hope you get it sorted for your son

Atb
    Chris
    Very concise & good advice,
    I would be inclined to contact Brocock direct at this point explain the shop has declined to aid you & that the original buyer has ceased communication (no need for further detail than that)
    leaving you with a seemingly defective 4 month old rifle, with luck they will ask you to return it to them for inspection.

If nothing else, Brocock themselves are surely going to want to investigate an issue like this on such a recently introduced model.
    But a measured, polite and reasonable approach to them is absolutely paramount otherwise they can (and almost certainly will) stand by the terms and conditions of their warranty.
    Just remember that there's a difference between being assertive and just being an ass.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    I'm inclined to take the "We are where we are" with this.

Its fairly clear you are going to get no joy from the vendor, so forget that for the time being.

I recently got a couple of guns from Range Right, one being a NP200. It shot like a dog and wouldn't group at all. I wont bore you with the details on what my conclusion was.

Long story short, I sent it back via my RFD. Couple of weeks later it was returned fixed. "Damaged Breech" was the culprit, which is the conclusion I came to.

If you are going to be polite and agreeable, I'm pretty sure a reputable company like Brocock will sort it for you, even if you have to stump up with the carriage.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Hi guys

I will start by saying thank you to Unframed Dave (moderator) for his help, and thank you to all of the bbs members who have taken their time to post helpful suggestions on this thread.

The seller has now block calls and communication has completely shutdown on his part now.

The ranger xr was purchased for my boy, I planned on giving it to him on Christmas Day, it is sad that it has turned out this way, the ranger has a lot of potential for a young shooter, with the adjustable stock so I’m not going to give up on it.

I will contact Brocock and see if they can help me in any way? As someone has already mentioned above, they may want to look and investigate to get to the bottom of the cause why it isn’t shooting as it should be, after all it is only 4 months old!

Either way I will let you guys know how things play out!

Hopefully my next update will be less negative!

Thanks guys

You could get the member on here to look over it for you could be a simple repair I don’t know how close to them you are but could well be worth a try first save all the hassle with the Manufacturer as they could keep it for months

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I'm not legally qualified, so could be off target here, but it strikes me that if this goes to any kind of court an expert opinion will be required, and the best people to give that opinion are the manufacturers. Sending the rifle to anybody else just adds another layer of excuses for the defence. If it was mine I'd get it straight to the manufacturers for appraisal, ASAP.

If nothing else, Brocock themselves are surely going to want to investigate an issue like this on such a recently introduced model.
    But a measured, polite and reasonable approach to them is absolutely paramount otherwise they can (and almost certainly will) stand by the terms and conditions of their warranty.
    Just remember that there's a difference between being assertive and just being an ass.
    Atb
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I'm not legally qualified, so could be off target here, but it strikes me that if this goes to any kind of court an expert opinion will be required, and the best people to give that opinion are the manufacturers. Sending the rifle to anybody else just adds another layer of excuses for the defence. If it was mine I'd get it straight to the manufacturers for appraisal, ASAP.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. Sometime ago (2013 or 4) I bought a new rifle, via Pellpax, a premium brand. It had issues with the legendry trigger unit within a year. Due to other things, I did not do anything about it until 14 months had passed. Being polite & reasonable meant the gun was picked up by the dealer, rebuilt, & returned FoC within a couple of weeks.

I know this is a different experience to that of the OP, but sometimes a polite, reasoned approach works best.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I wonder why the seller hasn't been on,to put his side of the story on.Atb mick

it does make you wonder why