Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Excellent news, although not surprised. Three cheers for Tony B and crew.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Excellent news, very pleased for you.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

glad it working ok for you,

I suspect that this will turn out better than you expect (and most certainly better than you imagined last week).

Atb
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

This great to read some good news for your --fingers crossed for you im sure it will all come good

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Excellent news, although not surprised. Three cheers for Tony B and crew.
    Excellent news indeed and I hope this gets sorted.

Tony is actually a member on here.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I take "By way of trade or business" to mean a regular weekly seller, we have removed quite a lot of them over the years --- we've also removed a few gun shop and second hand shop owners.

Quite a few collectors contact Admin to give us the heads up before selling their collections on here, as long as their advert points out that it's a one off collection disposal I see no problem.

All the best Mick
    There’s no precise definition - that would be for case law.

An example would be the Infamous Idiot “RQMS” formerly on Freeads who was always selling off his “collection”. A “collection” that closely correlated with successful low bids in the preceding Holts sealed bid sale.

Its an unfortunate bit of law in that it creates a grey area for collectors downsizing or “flipping” items to fund their collection - or to pay for a new roof or car repairs or whatever they need money for. You are legitimately selling private property; he is an illegal black market gun dealer….

But it’s the law. I guess it was intended to catch people who buy a lot of guns and then sell them to crims. If that ever happened with airguns. Or to stop market stall sales of B2s etc to ASBO kids. Which isn’t completely unreasonable.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    UPDATE:

I contacted Brocock Ltd on the weekend, they were extremely fast in replying to my email asking for assistance on my Ranger XR, they have arranged for it to be picked up today!

I will update this thread once it lands back here

Thanks all
    That is very good news hope it all turns out ok.

Be really interesting to hear how Brocock handle this -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

great news bud pleased for you and your son

Great news and hopefully a great outcome in time for you to see your sons face upon opening it up on Christmas morning

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

An example would be the Infamous Idiot “RQMS” formerly on Freeads who was always selling off his “collection”. A “collection” that closely correlated with successful low bids in the preceding Holts sealed bid sale.

Its an unfortunate bit of law in that it creates a grey area for collectors downsizing or “flipping” items to fund their collection - or to pay for a new roof or car repairs or whatever they need money for. You are legitimately selling private property; he is an illegal black market gun dealer….

But it’s the law. I guess it was intended to catch people who buy a lot of guns and then sell them to crims. If that ever happened with airguns. Or to stop market stall sales of B2s etc to ASBO kids. Which isn’t completely unreasonable.
    I seem to remember HMRC have a very simple definition;
    A hobby costs money, a business makes money, a Paying hobby may cover your costs but if you make profit it has become a business.

Glad to hear that the OP is getting help from Brocock, not surprising if management is on the forum & has seen this thread, It's turning a rifle fault in to a potential PR goldmine.
    Last edited by angrybear; 30-11-2021 at 11:22 AM.

I hope this thread ends well. Lobbing 900 quid out for a used, disfunctional air rifle for a lads Christmas present must be stress and upset in equal measure.
    Good work Brocock. Good customer service is priceless these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Think that (for motors, anyway) HMRC treat somebody who advertise 6 or more vehicles per year as a 'trader' (think that they do make an exception for a collector disposing of their collection)

RQMS ya he was good for a laugh, I had forgotten about him wonder if he's on mewe. Atb mick