Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I once contacted RQMS on the back of one of his ads and wanted to make arrangements to view a rifle, which he said he could not accommodate for a couple of days. When I contacted him prior to visiting at the appointed time, I found out he sold the rifle to someone else.

I would not deal with him again after this experience. Others can make their own minds up.

John
    You sure the rifle wasn’t away for months having a full tickle with his airgunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    You sure the rifle wasn’t away for months having a full tickle with his airgunsmith
    HW80guy ?

Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

“Airsmith”, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    “Airsmith”, please.
    I stand corrected

It’s a small world when it comes to those good old freeads days man I miss them

Back on topic, I wonder if situations like this might be alleviated if, say, it was a forum rule that if the buyer notified the seller within X (7, 14?) days of receipt (confirmed via tracking) that the item was defective or not as described, that the seller would take it back with a full refund, or lose sales rights.

Difficult to administer, and I’d suggest the buyer pays all the PF48 return costs to avoid an outbreak of “try it and see” or other forms of “buyer’s remorse”, but perhaps worth thinking about, even if only to decide against?

Did he ever come back online to explain to the mods over this at all or has he just took the money and ran

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Back on topic, I wonder if situations like this might be alleviated if, say, it was a forum rule that if the buyer notified the seller within X (7, 14?) days of receipt (confirmed via tracking) that the item was defective or not as described, that the seller would take it back with a full refund, or lose sales rights.

Difficult to administer, and I’d suggest the buyer pays all the PF48 return costs to avoid an outbreak of “try it and see” or other forms of “buyer’s remorse”, but perhaps worth thinking about, even if only to decide against?
    Hmmm, not sure about this. Great in theory but what if the buyer is a tinkerer that has more curiosity than skill? It's then one word against the other's that the item was not as described.

In fairness, most sales on here work out well with just the odd one going wrong. On that note, what a great effort Unframed Dave made of the issue highlighted on this thread. Very fair and just the kind of mod a site like this needs.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmcc View Post
    Did he ever come back online to explain to the mods over this at all or has he just took the money and ran
    He hasn't been on the forum since initially responding to me on the 25th. His sales access has been removed and if there is nothing positive forthcoming in the next few days, he will be an ex member.

In all liklihood, he's looking in using another account. We know it happens, but we will keep an eye out for any similar trading activities.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

may i say dave you have handled this very well,mods do not have a easy time i take my hat off to you all for giving your free time up to run this great forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmcc View Post
    I haven’t heard anything, I told him this was a Christmas present for my boy, he confirmed that it had not been tampered with in anyway.

After failing to contact me via PM (refund), I then tried to call him only to find that he has blocked my number!

The whole ordeal has been very stressful, I have had sleepless nights, I can’t understand why anyone would do such a thing so close to Christmas?? especially knowing it is a child’s Christmas gift!!

well at least your son will get his present

Either way,a good gesture on Brococks part & hopefully a happy ending

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    may i say dave you have handled this very well,mods do not have a easy time i take my hat off to you all for giving your free time up to run this great forum
    I 2nd the above statement, this forum would be the poorer with out them.

i totaly agree with you