Thread: Hello

Smile Hello

Hi all, new to the air rifle scene so been reading the forum (which is rather good by the way) trying to gain a bit of knowledge before buying my first gun. Lucky enough to have a range 5 mins from my house so target shooting will be my thing. Think I've narrowed it down to a HW99S .177 so on the look out for a good used one. If I get the bug then no doubt I'll fall down the rabbit hole and be making more purchases!
    Anyway, off to read a bit more.
    Cheers, Toddy

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Hi Toddy

It is rather good isn't it?

The 99 is a fine rifle at a very good price point. It's achilles if buying an older rifle is potentially galling. Google it, there's a load of info out there. Get a good one though and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

welcome to a top forum

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Hi Toddy

It is rather good isn't it?

The 99 is a fine rifle at a very good price point. It's achilles if buying an older rifle is potentially galling. Google it, there's a load of info out there. Get a good one though and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it.

Dave
    Thanks Dave, have heard of the galling issues but need to go read up on it to see what it actually is and if it's easily sorted. As I say I'm new to all this so it's a bit overwhelming at the moment

Welcome !

Welcome from NEW Hampshire (USA) !
    Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.