Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
Cheers, was wondering if they were anything specific but sounds like any old IR led will do

Need to get it fixed to use on things I can't mount the combro on ��
This what he said .

In short, it was either buy in bulk of 10's or wait a few days for delivery. Neither appealed to me. To a simpleton like myself, an LED looked like another LED and there wasn't much spec difference from one to another apart from wavelength. No doubt frequency is an important factor.

I decided to take donor parts off a redundant tv remote control and proceeded to replace the shot LED. To my surprise, it worked equally well and a side by side comparison with my other 2 chrono's, it gave virtually identical readings. I left the LED legs long so I can align the LED to the sensor in the roof. Well happy with the results.

I am lucky in having 4 chrono's to double check. On this occasion, this repair worked well and and equalled the other chrono's on accuracy. I may have been lucky to find an LED of exacting spec so the unit performed to design. A quick, cheap and satisfying fix.

Please bear in mind a different LED off a different remote may not work to the same level of accuracy so use another chrono to check your new reading.