Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to the Diana P1000?

Whatever happened to the Diana P1000?

Never actually seen one and it must be going on for 10 years when they were released

Did anyone ever own or try one?

Flawed from the off or simply overlooked?

A little recap

https://youtu.be/7LqCv62k_zA

With the new PCP model P1000, DIANA is starting a new era.

With the two-piece hunting stock, 14-shot magazine as well as the single shot adapter you are equipped at the best for hunting purposes or for field-target-shooting.

The 300 bar steel cylinder offers more than sufficient energy, also for longer shooting series.

The excellent, individually adjustable T06-metal trigger with an automatic safety and the 11 mm top rail complete this new high power PCP rifle.

I think Wonkydonky once started a thread on these, Nick? May be worth digging out.

If you were thinking of buying one, NM near Sheffield are selling .22 ones off at £600.

It'll need to be cheap, mind, as you'll not be keeping it for long and buying cheaply will minimise your loss.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think Wonkydonky once started a thread on these, Nick? May be worth digging out.

If you were thinking of buying one, NM near Sheffield are selling .22 ones off at £600.

It'll need to be cheap, mind, as you'll not be keeping it for long and buying cheaply will minimise your loss.
    Cheeky monkey

Nah tone not thinking of buying one just curious as to what ever happened to them.

Never seen one in the flesh and never heard of anyone I know having one.

Intriguing though and I would like to have a go on one as you know I like the oddballs

Oh, go on, get one. It'll be fun trying to guess how long you'll keep it, Nick.

I haven't checked recently but they did also have some Benjamin Marauders at heavily discounted prices which I'd have been tempted with if I were in the market for a PCP.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh, go on, get one. It'll be fun trying to guess how long you'll keep it, Nick.

I haven't checked recently but they did also have some Benjamin Marauders at heavily discounted prices which I'd have been tempted with if I were in the market for a PCP.
    Everyone knows it’s exactly 4 mins 59 secs tone

The day it goes over 5mins it’s a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Never actually seen one and it must be going on for 10 years when they were released

Did anyone ever own or try one?

Flawed from the off or simply overlooked?

A little recap

https://youtu.be/7LqCv62k_zA

With the new PCP model P1000, DIANA is starting a new era.

With the two-piece hunting stock, 14-shot magazine as well as the single shot adapter you are equipped at the best for hunting purposes or for field-target-shooting.

The 300 bar steel cylinder offers more than sufficient energy, also for longer shooting series.

The excellent, individually adjustable T06-metal trigger with an automatic safety and the 11 mm top rail complete this new high power PCP rifle.

Problems from the start, initially overpriced
    I imagine issues sorted (well hopefully) but once word gets out, that usually puts the kibosh on a new rifle, but not always it seems as history tells us .
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Problems from the start, initially overpriced
    I imagine issues sorted (well hopefully) but once word gets out, that usually puts the kibosh on a new rifle, but not always it seems as history tells us .
    Sadly what normally happens been a fair few tarnished with that brush.

Just find it strange I’ve never ever crossed paths with one although admittedly can’t say I’ve had my eyes that open for one.

Sadly what normally happens been a fair few tarnished with that brush.

Just find it strange I’ve never ever crossed paths with one although admittedly can’t say I’ve had my eyes that open for one.
    It's funy you ask about it as I was watching it myself, I'm now watching the Leishy 2
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    It's funy you ask about it as I was watching it myself, I'm now watching the Leishy 2
    Blooming algorithms

I think they where re releasd 2 or 3 years ago. I know a rfd I use had a new one in about 3 years back.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I think they where re releasd 2 or 3 years ago. I know a rfd I use had a new one in about 3 years back.
    Did you ever try one Dave?

Or have a mooch around one?

One of those rifles I’ve never ever seen in the flesh.

Did you ever try one Dave?

Or have a mooch around one?

One of those rifles I’ve never ever seen in the flesh.
    No mate, never shot one.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    No mate, never shot one.
    They do intrigue me and are certainly quite funky looking.

As you mention looks like they revamped it a few years ago and I think the cylinder was also put on a diet.

I think it looks a tad too long though although if there was a nice ultra Carbine setup it would probably make me take a second glance.

What on earth has happened to Diana nowadays as all I see is a sea of renamed Far Eastern budget stuff

They do intrigue me and are certainly quite funky looking.

As you mention looks like they revamped it a few years ago and I think the cylinder was also put on a diet.

I think it looks a tad too long though although if there was a nice ultra Carbine setup it would probably make me take a second glance.

What on earth has happened to Diana nowadays as all I see is a sea of renamed Far Eastern budget stuff
    The P1000 was swimming against the tide when it was launched. A bit left field / odd looking, compared to current models at the time and fraught with issues.
    Not cheap either, which didn't help the shooting public embrace it.
    Not sure the revised model cured all the issues, and even if it did, the ship had pretty much sailed.

Diana have produced some pretty good guns over the years, but they've always been one of the outsider brands. Certainly not really hitting the big time here.
    Changes in ownership have resulted in some odd directions and their marketing seems to be controlled by some bloke, who has access to huge amounts of class A's.
    The importer / distributor situation here has also done little for their popularity, and UK prices being a bit ridiculous at times.

Looks like they're now shedding / have shed, the majority of their range of German built items and their lineup now consists of Chinese made stuff.

In terms of airguns, I'd say they're circling the pan now. But the Chinese stuff may just be enough of a floater, to keep them in business.

Their springers have sort of been ok, with the 34/31 being a decent break barrel, and the expired 280 being better over here.
    The 48/52/54/56 are little more than a slight evolution of a dinosaur.
    The terrible ergonomics and designs of their stocks, should have seen the designers get the plastic mac years ago. At what's really top end money, their rifles really lack a bit of style.

I'll give em a couple of years and they'll just be a brand name, owned by the Chinese, like Remington and the like.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The P1000 was swimming against the tide when it was launched. A bit left field / odd looking, compared to current models at the time and fraught with issues.
    Not cheap either, which didn't help the shooting public embrace it.
    Not sure the revised model cured all the issues, and even if it did, the ship had pretty much sailed.

Diana have produced some pretty good guns over the years, but they've always been one of the outsider brands. Certainly not really hitting the big time here.
    Changes in ownership have resulted in some odd directions and their marketing seems to be controlled by some bloke, who has access to huge amounts of class A's.
    The importer / distributor situation here has also done little for their popularity, and UK prices being a bit ridiculous at times.

Looks like they're now shedding / have shed, the majority of their range of German built items and their lineup now consists of Chinese made stuff.

In terms of airguns, I'd say they're circling the pan now. But the Chinese stuff may just be enough of a floater, to keep them in business.

Their springers have sort of been ok, with the 34/31 being a decent break barrel, and the expired 280 being better over here.
    The 48/52/54/56 are little more than a slight evolution of a dinosaur.
    The terrible ergonomics and designs of their stocks, should have seen the designers get the plastic mac years ago. At what's really top end money, their rifles really lack a bit of style.

I'll give em a couple of years and they'll just be a brand name, owned by the Chinese, like Remington and the like.
    Thanks for the reply Rob,

That comment did make me laugh

Yeah the older stuff for sure I’ve blagged a go on many of the older excellent springers and personally had a trio of 280’s and my son now owns my old vintage 1931 25

Shame they were far too late to the pcp party but was always curious if the p1000 could have perhaps been quite the dark horse.