Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever happened to the Diana P1000?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Thanks for the reply Rob,

That comment did make me laugh

Yeah the older stuff for sure I’ve blagged a go on many of the older excellent springers and personally had a trio of 280’s and my son now owns my old vintage 1931 25

Shame they were far too late to the pcp party but was always curious if the p1000 could have perhaps been quite the dark horse.
    More like an old nag Nick.
    With looks harking back to the 90's, resembling the Shinsung Career, it never attracted my attention at all.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    More like an old nag Nick.
    With looks harking back to the 90's, resembling the Shinsung Career, it never attracted my attention at all.

I think at the time the P1000 was being happy snapped for the mags it was around the time I had one of the 280’s and the first time I experienced the T06 trigger but back then having many a mainstream pcp entertaining my needs it was probably the oddball and trigger setup that made me take note but then they just vanished without a trace just like the Ripley elite of the similar era

The P1000 has been discontinued, I believe. At least it doesn't appear on their website any more. They seemed to be popping up at more reasonable prices over the last year and I honestly considered one but the main issue is that I have little to no interest in PCP's.
    There's a large extension being built on the Diana factory. Considering the German built range is quite small, you have to wonder what they plan to do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Thanks for the reply Rob,

That comment did make me laugh

Yeah the older stuff for sure I’ve blagged a go on many of the older excellent springers and personally had a trio of 280’s and my son now owns my old vintage 1931 25

Shame they were far too late to the pcp party but was always curious if the p1000 could have perhaps been quite the dark horse.
    If I recall, the butt part of the stock was pretty 'germanic'
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    If I recall, the butt part of the stock was pretty 'germanic'
    Not half.
    Hogs back they call it. More like horses ass
    B.A.S.C. member

There’s one in Holts next sale. Though maybe that inspired this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    There’s one in Holts next sale. Though maybe that inspired this thread?
    Strange as it sounds Geezer it was actually the good old YouTube algorithm

Popped up yesterday morning soon as I opened the app and made me think crikey what actually happened to them never seen one etc

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The P1000 has been discontinued, I believe. At least it doesn't appear on their website any more. They seemed to be popping up at more reasonable prices over the last year and I honestly considered one but the main issue is that I have little to no interest in PCP's.
    There's a large extension being built on the Diana factory. Considering the German built range is quite small, you have to wonder what they plan to do in it.

Would that be the factory they share with GSG ( German Sport Guns) . Their owner owns a few other firearms factories too including Blazer so it could be for more than just airguns.

GSG makes the Diana Rimfire rifle.

DIANA
    Mayer & Grammelspacher GmbH & Co.KG
    Oesterweg 21 59469 Ense

German Sport Guns GmbH -
    Oesterweg 21 - 59469 Ense-Höingen
    Last edited by bighit; 28-11-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Not half.
    Hogs back they call it. More like horses ass
    That's it, a bit of a minger
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Here I go......ready for the abuse....I have an evo/mk.2 in .177 running at 11.6 with AA diablo field... Purchased for £600 new Inc Edgar bros scope, gunslip, 2x Tins of pellets and extra mag. Absolutely bang on at 45 metres... Sub 10mm groups with slight breeze , 60 shots at +/- 6fps ... Lovely to handle with thumbhole stock...a little long for ratting etc. BUT...I love it...indexes every pellet perfectly, smooth to cock and shoot....

I must have the best one that Diana made....!

Last edited by rapidshot; 29-11-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidshot View Post
    Here I go......ready for the abuse....I have an evo/mk.2 in .177 running at 11.6 with AA diablo field... Purchased for £600 new Inc Edgar bros scope, gunslip, 2x Tins of pellets and extra mag. Absolutely bang on at 45 metres... Sub 10mm groups with slight breeze , 60 shots at +/- 6fps ... Lovely to handle with thumbhole stock...a little long for ratting etc. BUT...I love it...indexes every pellet perfectly, smooth to cock and shoot....

I must have the best one that Diana made....!

No abuse my way buddy it’s nice to hear that someone actually owns one