Thread: Inserts on a mount

Inserts on a mount

Just cleared out a cupboard, and amongst a lot of other things I had forgotten I had I found a one piece scope mount (can't even think where I got it from, it couldn't have just arrived). No markings on it, but it is clearly a Sportsmatch adjustable for a 30mm tube scope. I don't need a 30mm mount at the moment, but I could use a 1" one for one of my Mamba Lites, and included in the plastic bag I found it in was a set of plastic inserts which seem to be intended to reduce the tube diameter to 1" I just wonder if these inserts would hold the scope firmly enough in a springer (even a well mannered one as mine are) Could anyone who has used them give an opinion please?

Yes, I've used them to reduce several 30mm mounts to 1".

Thanks, I'll give them a go, and it is nice to have a mount that can be used with either size tube. Do you know if the inserts were made by Sportsmatch, or by an aftermarket supplier?

No idea on who made the inserts, they come with some mounts, but can also be bought separately,
    I don't use Sportsmatch, so don't know if they supply them with some of their mounts.

I seem to remember once having some made by Hawke which were asymmetric and so allowed you to correct barrel droop or other misalignment, but these are concentric, so are just bore reducers. No maker's marks on them.

Yes. No issue. Used regularly
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I have metal ones and plastic ones here. Came with mounts off E-bay.

Hawke did some for shimming scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    I just wonder if these inserts would hold the scope firmly enough in a springer (even a well mannered one as mine are) Could anyone who has used them give an opinion please?
    I made dad some delrin inserts to use a 26mm scope with 30mm sportsmatch mounts on his modern synthetic sealed HW35.
    He has not mentioned any problems, but the again, his HW35 isnt the hardest recoiling springer.
    Too many airguns!