When I went to the club for the first time in almost 2 years last week, my first job was to check my CO2 rifles were still working (thankfully they were). The Artemis CP2 I bought from Krale just before Brexit had hardly been used due to Covid.
I did notice the cheap Chinese 3-9x40 mildot scope I had put on it was clearly set at 100yds which when mounted on mid power CO2 is not ideal.

I thought it was a great candidate for my first attempt to reset a scope (I got it on a rifle that I bought secondhand so it was effectively free and I wouldn't cry if I ruined it). Fast forward to today, back in from boys football and sheltering from the wind and sleet......time to give it a go!

I quickly discovered that the objective lense is fixed onto the the finishing part (carrier?) that screws into the bell of the scope tube. Stood at the back door with the scope on x9mag I slowly unscrewed the lense and the back fence slowly came into focus. I have got it where I am happy and secured it in place with wrap of black electrical tape. Job done

I don't think it is always that easy but it is good to know that for a short range rifle a cheap Chinese s cope can be quickly made more suitable.
Rich