Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p15 air rifle

p15 air rifle

my mate has just bought one new from gun shop today just shy of 500 pounds and ive got to say after shooting it its not that good,i bought one second hand what mark dempsey had done workon and it was as accurate as anything,has any one else had to fettle a new one out the box

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    my mate has just bought one new from gun shop today just shy of 500 pounds and ive got to say after shooting it its not that good,i bought one second hand what mark dempsey had done workon and it was as accurate as anything,has any one else had to fettle a new one out the box
    Give the barrel a very good clean then clean it again other that a full strip and fettle nothing it should be a good gun

ok i will pass info on,just comparing it to the one i owned it was pants

I fired one out of the box and it was like a shotgun....enough for me to buy a used s200 for my little one instead. I believe they are generally full of gunk, so as above, get it cleaned, check the crown and polish if needed, give it all a good clean down and polish and they should be good bits of kit. A mate got one and did this and it shoots spot on, I just didn't fancy the faff, that and the s200 is crazy accurate and whisper quiet to the point that I use it now.....don't tell the little one....!

Bongo

There must be some risk of invalidating the warranty with anything more than cleaning the barrel.
    It is hardly a cheap rifle at that price, compared to others by the likes of walther and gamo, so I would think the logical approach is to return it to the shop.

that is exactly what i told him to do,why mess on with something that is brand new and not good

that is exactly what i told him to do,why mess on with something that is brand new and not good
    Straight out of the box they will never be good, just a sad fact of how SMK treat customers, but with a little effort and minimal cost it can be a cracking bullpup.

I’d return it.

I had to remove the barrel and use the bore cleaners I use with my powder burners to remove the tar that was in the barrels on the few that I’ve done - ‘airgun grade’ cleaner wouldn’t touch it.
    Once polished out, they shot tremendously.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Iv got the Diana Skyhawk that is the same action as the P15 iv never had a problem wit mine without cleaning the barrel.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

this one is going back to the shop monday

So did mine after many issues, the importers dont even sell spares as I tried for months to get them to stock at least service parts but no, so Im sure they hope you chuck it away and buy another one

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

i cant belive they dont carry spares,that is not good ive told my mate to ask for a refund and buy a better gun

i cant belive they dont carry spares,that is not good ive told my mate to ask for a refund and buy a better gun
    If you can't get spares (shocking) I think that's definitely the way to go.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

just had a text off him ,the gun shop give him a full refund and said when they sell what they have left in stock ,they well not be ordering any more

SMK might have got away with no spares support in the past when they sold cheap and relatively simple springers and CO2 powered guns, but as prices and sophistication increase I think it is less tolerable. The guns may be easily sorted if they need cleaning, but once you start re-crowning and more radical stuff the risk is that accuracy may not improve and the dealer won't want them back. Perhaps better QC by SMK could avoid some of these issues.