Thread: p15 air rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

p15 air rifle

my mate has just bought one new from gun shop today just shy of 500 pounds and ive got to say after shooting it its not that good,i bought one second hand what mark dempsey had done workon and it was as accurate as anything,has any one else had to fettle a new one out the box

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    my mate has just bought one new from gun shop today just shy of 500 pounds and ive got to say after shooting it its not that good,i bought one second hand what mark dempsey had done workon and it was as accurate as anything,has any one else had to fettle a new one out the box
    Give the barrel a very good clean then clean it again other that a full strip and fettle nothing it should be a good gun

ok i will pass info on,just comparing it to the one i owned it was pants

I fired one out of the box and it was like a shotgun....enough for me to buy a used s200 for my little one instead. I believe they are generally full of gunk, so as above, get it cleaned, check the crown and polish if needed, give it all a good clean down and polish and they should be good bits of kit. A mate got one and did this and it shoots spot on, I just didn't fancy the faff, that and the s200 is crazy accurate and whisper quiet to the point that I use it now.....don't tell the little one....!

Bongo

There must be some risk of invalidating the warranty with anything more than cleaning the barrel.
    It is hardly a cheap rifle at that price, compared to others by the likes of walther and gamo, so I would think the logical approach is to return it to the shop.

that is exactly what i told him to do,why mess on with something that is brand new and not good