Thread: HW100 Tinkering reg setting question

HW100 Tinkering reg setting question

Meh said I wouldn’t have another blooming Herman cricket bat

Ok a tad harsh it’s a later version with fist…sorry Thumbhole stock

Anyway I plan on doing some fine fettling and light polishing etc

Just after some base figures anyone advise what’s the usual best reg pressure setting for .22 cal and of full length flavour.

Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Meh said I wouldn’t have another blooming Herman cricket bat

Ok a tad harsh it’s a later version with fist…sorry Thumbhole stock

Anyway I plan on doing some fine fettling and light polishing etc

Just after some base figures anyone advise what’s the usual best reg pressure setting for .22 cal and of full length flavour.

Much obliged.
    The recommended reg setting for that model/calibre is 82-85 bar. Watch for a slight spike as it goes off reg. if you have a gauge, keep it connected while you’re setting it up and watch for the drop as it comes off reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    The recommended reg setting for that model/calibre is 82-85 bar. Watch for a slight spike as it goes off reg. if you have a gauge, keep it connected while you’re setting it up and watch for the drop as it comes off reg.
    Awesome many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    Had some tinkering time today Blackmax

Set my reg tester up and as I thought it was set quite low was running at 65bar.

Proceeded to turn the reg up and when I got to 80bar it decided to leak

So I completely stripped all the reg setup (doing a full service anyway) and inspected all the reg components and replaced seals and reassembled to try again.

Set the reg to 85bar and all was good a few test shots checking it refills lighting fast and it started to creep up to around 100bar so did the usual removing cylinder again and rear block to adjust the reg down a tad and set it just over 80bar this time it’s settled perfect no creep must have put 40 shots through it and reg has stayed the same just over 80bar.

Was surprised to see the initial fast reg creep, I’m assuming it was just settling down after the fresh rebuild?

I’ll test the drop off and spike tomorrow as ran out of time today but it all seems pukka at the minute

I've not yet done a test right from full to empty but I think I ended up setting mine at about 57(ish) bar and it feels nice and soft to fire. 590-595fps on Accupell FT.