Thread: Week 13 with 10m AP !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Week 13 with 10m AP !

Heading into week 13 with 10m AP, and progress is slow but sure.

What I do like, is that the "flyers" seem to be meandering toward the infield.

Luckily the range is on my way to work, so I can stop in regularly. From yesterday morning:

Pardini K12 (w/Rink XL)
    H&N FML
    10m ISSF rules, Orion 004C targets
    Sub 6, HT M 65 USA

Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.

My return to 10 meter air pistol shooting is not making as much progress as you have made Paul, but like you, I can see that the flyers are not spread out as far as they were last week when I started back, but I am not expecting anything too spectacular when the series starts!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Cool Well......

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    My return to 10 meter air pistol shooting is not making as much progress as you have made Paul, but like you, I can see that the flyers are not spread out as far as they were last week when I started back, but I am not expecting anything too spectacular when the series starts!
    Oh.......That was the good one. I reserve publication of the other three......
    Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.

Assuming you are right handed, those shots going low and left are result of jerking the trigger.

Thumbs up Yes !

I believe you are correct. Trigger control is something I really need to work on.

There are also times when I get similar groups in the upper right. But I do have a tendency to "ambush the bull". Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agt. Smith View Post
    I believe you are correct. Trigger control is something I really need to work on..
    Trigger control?

I just take a stab at it when I see the black bit flash past........is that wrong ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Agt. Smith View Post
    I believe you are correct. Trigger control is something I really need to work on.

There are also times when I get similar groups in the upper right. But I do have a tendency to "ambush the bull". Bad.
    Going upper right is the result of anticipating the shot. You are effectively pushing forward with the heel of your hand. You should just be focusing on the front sight whilst applying pressure on the trigger with the shot released at between 5 and 8 seconds.